Good luck...

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had some good luck today...

A couple of years ago, for a previous horse, I bought a wonderful, barely used, Childeric XC saddle. It was a bargain at £1,800 as it was at a saddler's who don't seem to do that sort of saddle. I have used it for 2 years, although it is still in fantastic condition, barely broken in, as I tend to ride in the dressage saddle.

Baby horse decided the fit wasn't good enough a while back, he was correct, so I bought him another, nearly new saddle (Stride Free jump) which came to £2,000 (a bargain in itself). I put the Childeric on sale for £2,300 as it looked really good but, when someone offered cash of £2,000 it seemed perfect karma, so I accepted without quibble (although I think the buyer was surprised I didn't try to bargain).

Upshot is, a free saddle exchange, the uplift in price even paid for postage and fitting! I feel very lucky! I think the buyers are lucky too. Two happy people, the essence of a good bargain, as my late mum would say.

Anyone else had some good luck recently?

Peglo

Visit site
My OH won a 2018 Range Rover sport on one of that online competitions. He was only entering competitions for vehicles that would tow and he actually won!

As it turns out it keeps braking down and spent 90% of the time we’ve had it sitting in our garage. It only cost £15 so we try not to complain too much ? but we still Don’t have a vehicle to tow with.

Birker2020

Visit site
My OH won a 2018 Range Rover sport on one of that online competitions. He was only entering competitions for vehicles that would tow and he actually won!

As it turns out it keeps braking down and spent 90% of the time we’ve had it sitting in our garage. It only cost £15 so we try not to complain too much ? but we still Don’t have a vehicle to tow with.
Just so you know you have the same rights with this prize as you do had you bought it. A prize had to be 'fit for purpose'. A vehicle sitting in a garage because it keeps breaking down clearly isn't.

I was told this when I won a saddle in a competition which had been fitted to my horse and it clearly didn't fit my horse.

Sorry to hijack the post Red-1 and well done.

Red-1

Visit site
Just so you know you have the same rights with this prize as you do had you bought it. A prize had to be 'fit for purpose'. A vehicle sitting in a garage because it keeps breaking down clearly isn't.

I was told this when I won a saddle in a competition which had been fitted to my horse and it clearly didn't fit my horse.

Sorry to hijack the post Red-1 and well done.
Not hijacked at all, I remembered this about a saddle prize but didn't remember who it was or any details.

I know my bit of good luck is small, but you and many of us know what saddle issues are like and how expensive they can be. I feel like I dodged a bullet in that it could have cost thousands to sort.

I am sad that more people haven't had a bit of good luck!

Peglo

Visit site
Wow, that puts my saddle sale into context! Fabulous prize, even if it does break down. I guess you could sell it if you didn't trust it to run?

yeah I think he might sell it. But he also really likes it so don’t know if he really wants to ? I will leave it up to him.

@Birker2020 thank you. We put it to get fixed once and the company paid for the repairs but it’s packed up again ?

Arzada

Visit site
I was very lucky last week. I've been looking for a particular bike for awhile. I'd resigned myself to waiting for the 2023 version coming later this year. Meanwhile I had an eBay search running as well as trawling Marketplace. I'd found one on Marketplace but it sold within 30 minutes! Last Tuesday one appeared on eBay not far from me. It's a 2020 version only having done 50 miles so pretty much a brand new bike. Viewed and bought on Wednesday and she's here in the sitting room looking stunning. There is a sad side to this. She was only sold because her owner, who completed an awesome endurance feat in 2019 (not on a bike) has serious post-Covid health issues and instead of doing a planned LEJOG the bike was gathering dust.

Red-1

Visit site
Aw, I do like that you got a lovely bike at a lowered price, but couldn't press like as I don't like the reason for sale!

I have browsed ebay and Marketplace for myself, but I don't know enough about which bike would be good to buy other than from a shop where I can sit on a few and discuss it.