Good Quality Bell Boots?

HazuraJane

Visit site
Looking for brand names of reasonably-priced bell boots. My mare's favourite habit is to rip off the velcro tabs on hers; they last an average of 2-4 weeks. (She wears them during turn-out.) Pull-on rubber boots aren't an option due latex allergy. Are the spendier boots worth the extra money when it comes to durability?

Alibear

Visit site
My mare did similar, the Shires Arma ones seemed to stay put well as they're more rubber than plastic which gives when the Velcro is tugged. Either that or I just got several pairs of really cheap ones from amazon and just swapped one out each time as necessary.

holeymoley

Visit site
I got a cracking cheap pair from Viovet. Don’t think they’re branded but the Velcro on them is unreal, actually too strong for me I struggle to get them off.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
HJ - I'm just wondering if you are from the US? In the UK we call then over reach boots and I don't know which brands are available in both countries. Maybe you could clarify?

HazuraJane

Visit site
I've seen boots described as both 'over-reach' and 'bell.' One thing I don't want are the 'no turn boots' as they DO turn and also she can tear them up even faster than the 'no turn' models. She is hard on fly masks, rugs and boots. The other horses in the turn-out like to undress her. :)