Good Quality dilute show jumping stallion sought

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Hi all,
I am thinking of covering my ladies this summer, but as both are well bred, I would like to see if I can produce myself a dilute baby, but the credentials need to stack up or it's a waste of time and money!!
I just wondered if you have any suggestions. The ladies are 16hh & 17hh respectively.
Just to say finally, I had wondered about cream on top or crown ace of pearls, but cream on top in particular, has gone very quiet. I know a fair bit about the genetics and chances having looked into it a lot and at the end of the day I just want a lovely horse for me!

Enfys

Visit site
LeGrande?

If you were in North America I would suggest Guaranteed Gold, there are dilutes with similar (Milkies Desire) lines to him in the UK I believe, and I know of at least one son of his in Europe that may do AI.

Last edited:

eventrider23

Visit site
I can't think of any true top top end dilutes but certainly the ones I know of that have a decent jump and the genetics would be Legrande and Treliver Decanter (yes he is dressage but dam was a jumper and his progeny jump).

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Hi all,
I am thinking of covering my ladies this summer, but as both are well bred, I would like to see if I can produce myself a dilute baby, but the credentials need to stack up or it's a waste of time and money!!
I just wondered if you have any suggestions. The ladies are 16hh & 17hh respectively.
Just to say finally, I had wondered about cream on top or crown ace of pearls, but cream on top in particular, has gone very quiet. I know a fair bit about the genetics and chances having looked into it a lot and at the end of the day I just want a lovely horse for me!

Crowns Blue Pearl is the only top showjumping dilute I know but his son Crowns Ace of Pearl is looking good to follow in his footsteps having been winning at 1.20 as a 5yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWRcLNz59Xs

I've been watching the dilutes for a few years trying to find one I would use on my mare, where I could have chilled semen as the 2 above are frozen only when I last checked, but have to say have always been disappointed when looking up the competition results, hence why I haven't taken the plunge yet!

emlybob

Visit site
How about Dunhill Deset Storm? He is perlino and even tho not proven yet as only young is by the top SJ stallion Dundee. Desert shows great promise over a fence and should start competing this year

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Thanks, I'd not thought of dunhill desert storm. One mare is by Ramiro z and had a good career herself and the other is by Nariston, but both have good paces too, so dressage is an option I guess, but I'd prefer a show jumper.
Does anyone know anything about cream on top? ATM, CoT and Ace are really at the top of my list, but i know little about their respective competition records.
I am due a baby by Legrande from the Ramiro z mare this year, so if that is as special as I hope, problem solved!!
Any other thoughts would be much appreciated and thanks for the suggestions so far :)

flyingcolors

Visit site
We have a son of The Alchemist going for approval in April, he is a super jumper like his daddy was, but if he gets approved, he will only be available shipped semen after having done his stallion performance test. In Germany we have the approval and then the stallions will only have their lifetime approval after having succeeded in the stallion testing, but I guess you are aware of this.

BTW is the Nariston mare eventually the Oldenburg Palomino mare Primaballerina GF?

If it was me and I would want fresh semen and was in the UK, I would chose Legrande.

angrovestud

Visit site
coffeeparfait_zpsfbcc384b.jpg

I thought you might like to see the filly we bred last year by Dunhill desert storm I took a big gamble and did not see him before we used him I wanted a jumping pedigree and I knew Dds grandsire Didi he was show jumped by my ex boss Micheal Whittaker we sold Angrove coffee parfait last year, but I am told she has a massive jump as she jumped out of her paddock a four foot fence four foot wide, the service I got from Sally at brackenspa was just brilliant and semen was top quality and our mare took first time we were very lucky to have bred this young lady and look forward to seeing how she progresses, so I would highly recomend DDS.:D Coffee is the half sister to Angrove rumbaba the coloured racehorse

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Thanks, seeing the progeny is always helpful and she is clearly well put together :). I'll contact Brakenspa and see if they are going to re-register him, but I'm aware that will mean another test, so that might be a fly in the ointment.
Flying colours, will your Alchemist offspring go into work post grading? I ask because I would prefer to use something proven at the moment, purely because the mare is young herself and hasn't done anything, so a proven stallion will help with recognition of an offspring.

madmare22

Visit site
I would use legrande but is he going to be back in the uk this stud season. I've got one nomination paid for am considering a second and a girl on my yard is also considering using him. I've tried to find out if and when he is coming back but had no reply as yet.

flyingcolors

Visit site
Fwd P2P the older son of The Alchemist xx will go into work for eventing if and once he gets approved this April and after the season as he will have to do his stallion performance test in summer next year then. The younger one is just coming 3 and will get a year more to mature as he is a long legged gangely boy still and I do not want to risk anything by starting the stallions too early. Actually I do have a 7/8 Cremello TB stallion in training and he will compete eventing during the season but he is only available live cover in the Oldenburg area. There is Weissgold who is a great jumper but also a dressage horse and he has successfully done his 70 days stallion performance test and is available AI within the EU now. His foals can get papers of all German WB Associations except Hannover and Holstein which are against the cream gene in their population.

amschwarz

New User
Visit site
We actually covered my mare with Didi's frozen semen, it took straight away. Impatient to know what will the foal be. He's due in june.

Last edited:

amschwarz

New User
Visit site
coffeeparfait_zpsfbcc384b.jpg

I thought you might like to see the filly we bred last year by Dunhill desert storm I took a big gamble and did not see him before we used him I wanted a jumping pedigree and I knew Dds grandsire Didi he was show jumped by my ex boss Micheal Whittaker we sold Angrove coffee parfait last year, but I am told she has a massive jump as she jumped out of her paddock a four foot fence four foot wide, the service I got from Sally at brackenspa was just brilliant and semen was top quality and our mare took first time we were very lucky to have bred this young lady and look forward to seeing how she progresses, so I would highly recomend DDS.:D Coffee is the half sister to Angrove rumbaba the coloured racehorse

We actually covered my mare with Didi's frozen semen, it took straight away. Impatient to know what will the foal be. He's due in june.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
I would use legrande but is he going to be back in the uk this stud season.

Legrande is flying back to UK on Saturday, his bags are packed, I wanted him to participate in the Dressage Championships before he left and I am very pleased he did. In his last week in the United Arab Emirates, he took a super 5th place in the Open Speed Class show jumping competition (on Friday) and also took the Medium Dressage Championship (on Tuesday) :-D

Last edited:

Rollin

Visit site
Legrande is flying back to UK on Saturday, his bags are packed, I wanted him to participate in the Dressage Championships before he left and I am very pleased he did. In his last week in the United Arab Emirates, he took a super 5th place in the Open Speed Class show jumping competition (on Friday) and also took the Medium Dressage Championship (on Tuesday) :-D

Congratulations. I did not know he was overseas - bet his winter was better than ours!!

angrovestud

Visit site
:D Thank you Rollin we are thrilled with her as is new owner Foxboro sports horses she very well behaved and I am looking forward to seeing how she looks in her spring clothes ;)