Good quality Half Chaps?

MissGem

Visit site
I currently have some old Ariat XS Classic half chaps which are in need of replacing and ordered some new ones…. very disappointed that I couldn't get them done up in my usual size, even though my legs haven't changed in size. I sent them back and ordered the next size is SS (small short) - but the calf width is a full inch bigger and is baggy around the ankle, so they're going back too.... Can anyone recommend a good quality half chap for a short slim leg? Has anyone tried the Tredstep Deluxe, Veredus Duetto or Dy'on half chaps?

joolie

Visit site
I had some Tredsteps which were great although I'm now on Ariats after mine needed replacing. Good thing about Tredstep is the sizing which can be made spot on for small/slim calves.

Sealine

Visit site
I wear Tredsteps as Ariats just don't fit me. I find Ariat baggy around my ankles.

I use Tredstep Deluxe half chaps for day to day use. I bought a new pair last year. I'd had the old one's for years and years and I'd worn them paper thin. I also have a pair of Pro Gaiters for competitions.

MissGem

Visit site
I wear Tredsteps as Ariats just don't fit me. I find Ariat baggy around my ankles.

I use Tredstep Deluxe half chaps for day to day use. I bought a new pair last year. I'd had the old one's for years and years and I'd worn them paper thin. I also have a pair of Pro Gaiters for competitions.

That's what I found with the new ones I tried in the SS size. My current XS ones fit fine, but I could barely do up the zip on a new pair of XS!

TrasaM

Visit site
Treadsteps as well. I've had them for more than a year I think and they're wearing really well and haven't stretched either.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had some Treadsteps and loved them, but went back to Ariat as they look smarter. I like that if I am having a casual day I can get away with the Ariats at competition!