Good RELIABLE farriers in Lincoln?

RonnieHowe

Visit site
Hi there :)

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable farrier in Lincoln?
I have only just moved over this way and had an appointment yesterday with a farrier in who's card I found on the yard noticeboard, but he cancelled on me last minute yesterday :( pretty annoying seeing as I made arrangements around work and had to get lifts to the yard due to having no car ATM!
So not very impressed and wondered what people's recommendations were?

case895

Visit site
A RELIABLE farrier? Is that for shoeing your unicorn? Saying that, you probably have greater chance of finding a unicorn...

RunToEarth

Visit site
I use Dan Miller for all ours - he is based in Scopwick outside of Lincoln - he is extremely reliable and I would recommend him to anyone. You can PM me for his number if you want it.

Oscar

Visit site
Davide Molinario is fab (Itallian) very punctual, and has done a fab job with my lot, I moved from Surrey a few yrs back and was appalled at the state of the shoeing by the then yard farrier. One of mine went lame within a couple of months and I'm sure it was farrier related. I soon binned him off!!

Davide is a rider as well and really knows his stuff, great with the horses too.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Davide Molinario is fab (Itallian) very punctual, and has done a fab job with my lot, I moved from Surrey a few yrs back and was appalled at the state of the shoeing by the then yard farrier. One of mine went lame within a couple of months and I'm sure it was farrier related. I soon binned him off!!

Davide is a rider as well and really knows his stuff, great with the horses too.

We use Davide, have done for almost 6 years now, sorted out a nasty abcess on one of our horses feet that the vet completely missed whilst on loan....

Helped us with the transition to bare-foot as well with a couple. :)

andytiger

Visit site
I used to use davide he is a very good farrier just very unreliable use to pre book every 6 weeks and he used to just not turn up or when he did was very late with no phone call ect

theopuppy

Visit site
Ditto, sadly.

Excellent farrier but unreliable and does not return calls, late , cancels last minute and sometimes didn't turn up.. annoying when I have limited time off work..

In contrast I use Richard Hawkins now.. Newark based but travels a bit. Completely reliable, patient with the youngsters and very reasonably priced.