Good riders/ good dancers?

MandyMoo

Visit site
well i know when i get my drunken groove on i dont think i look too good
smirk.gif
but on a horse i think i am pretty good (head getting slightly large there...lol
blush.gif
)

i understand your point though - maybe im just an exception? xx

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Well, I would class myself as an average to good dancer, and a poor to very poor rider.

I have been to the party night (saturday night) at bramham a few times though, and have seen some awful dancing, funny, but awful all the same
grin.gif

j1ffy

Visit site
No idea. My OH says when I dance I'm actually just wiggling my a*se and have no sense of rhythm... My riding is probably about the same!!

Nic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I may as well give up riding now then... I'm doomed!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
(my dancing sucks and I HATE dancing!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that!

Attila_the_Hungry

Visit site
Wasn't Richard Dunwoody on the Strictly Come Dancing thingy? Didn't he get voted off quite quickly?

When sober I can just about manage the social shuffle without tripping over my feet. After the second bottle of red I transform into a cross between John Travolta and Fred Astaire - well, in my head anyway.
cool.gif

However, after reviewing the video evidence , "Mr Bean on acid" would seem to be a better description.
blush.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
And I presume that none of you witnessed the 'Strictly Come Dancing' malarkey at Burgie????
shocked.gif

I'm a reasonable musician, an average jockey and I know about beat and rhythm. I still can't dance!
mad.gif

humph

Visit site
I'd say good dancers find the transition to riding easy - do you remember that program where a pole dancer trained with tim stockdale and had to con a set of judges into believing she'd ridden all her life. I suppose they've got good core muscles which helps.

I'm not sure i'd say it works the other way though!

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say good dancers find the transition to riding easy - do you remember that program where a pole dancer trained with tim stockdale and had to con a set of judges into believing she'd ridden all her life. I suppose they've got good core muscles which helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, i'd say she had amazing schoolmasters to ride and a very good instructor!

the only 4* riders i've seen dance were very good at it, btw...

humph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the only 4* riders i've seen dance were very good at it, btw...

[/ QUOTE ]

You've seen different ones to me then - the ones I've seen dance were like everyone else - pissed as farts!
grin.gif

now_loves_mares

Visit site
Hmm not sure. I used to do lots of dancing as a child, including a few stints with Scottish Ballet
blush.gif
. If I was fit/practiced, I'd still probably be a fairly good dancer, and being Scottish I can also do some quite impressive Reels! I definitely have both rhythm and balance. I'm an average rider, but don't seem to have the posture on a horse that you'd expect from all that "balletic poise"
tongue.gif
but my trainer does say I have a remarkable stickability considering I don't ride that many horses (and hate the antics that require me to test it).

Have to say though, the reason I gave up ballet was for my pony! On my 3rd stint at Scottish ballet, they wanted me to stop riding all winter as it was too dangerous. I chose the pony! Plus, it as really confusing - being shouted at to turn your toes out at dancing; but being shouted at even more if you turned them out in my riding lesson
confused.gif
mad.gif
wink.gif

JDChaser

Visit site
hmmmm i've seen some very good jockeys dancing and the memory still brings tears to my eyes!!
tongue.gif
My Boss says that people who are good at driving and riding a bike are often more natural at horse riding, due to co-ordination and balance i assume.

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
I use to dance as well as ride, chose riding over dancing - bit of a no brainer really
tongue.gif
think rhythm, balance ect must help but have seen some very good jockeys totally unable to dance. Agree about people who ride bikes finding it easier to ride - my OH had never sat on a horse, but has always had road bikes, he sat on my old horse a couple of times and then went hunting, he was happy and looked good all day, very annoying to see some one get on and be able to ride straight away
tongue.gif
although is more of a case of sitting on harry out hunting not really riding!
And since you have reminded me if any ones watching,
So you think you can dance, vote Charlie Bruce - I use to dance with her
laugh.gif