Good riding schools in Reading area

hattie2525

Visit site
I have worked as a full time groom/rider all my life and but succumbed to a 'proper job' in may last year.
Having briefly sat on a horse twice since then the itch has started again and i'm looking for something to ride again but having been spoiled with riding some very smart horses over the years I don't want to just ride for the sake of sitting on a horse.

I know Wellington is the big place around here but they are just out of my league price wise so are there any other nice places in the area that have quality horses and good coaches?
Possibly looking to take on a share in something in the spring, young and green not a problem with a view to do a bit of dressage and just enjoy being around horses again.

ihatework

Visit site
Unfortunately good riding schools are few and far between and Wellington would be very comparable on price for any worth riding at for experienced riders.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
There is Rycroft or Hall Place although I do not know about prices or how good they are - just know they are localish.

Wellington is expensive but I have had lessons there and found them very good.

j1ffy

Visit site
I rode at Hall Place when I got back into riding and they did have a few nice schoolmasters and good instructors then (2009/10). They also used to do a part-loan scheme at a reasonable price, I loaned a former 2* eventer for a few months.

Sophire

Visit site
I would say Wellington would still be the best option for a good standard of horse. Not sure anything else locally may not just have your average riding school ponies.