good saddle cloth&half pad recomendations?

hot-hoof

New User
Visit site
I really like the look of halfpads but i want a decent saddle cloth to go underneath it, i have been looking at the john whitaker gp pro saddlecloth in navy? does anyone use one of these? do they look okay with a halfpad on top or not(any pics?)does anyone have any other saddle cloths and half pads that look good together? if so what are they? my mare is a fleabitten grey, open to all options, thanks :)

blood_magik

Visit site
Personally, I like the Nuumed half-wool numnahs and the Le Mieux CC jump squares. I have a few HKM dressage saddle cloths as well and my halfpad is Le Mieux.

Apologies if you already know this, but it would be worth having your saddle checked with the halfpad on just to make sure it doesn't alter the fit. :)

JustKickOn

Visit site
Do you need the half pad? They alter the fit of the saddle, so unless it's needed, don't use one.

Le mieux pads are nice. Although I actually have a shires one, and for when I do need to use it, it is lovely and soft. It's one whole piece of fleece too, so no scratchy seams!

becca1305

Visit site
Personally, I like the Nuumed half-wool numnahs and the Le Mieux CC jump squares. I have a few HKM dressage saddle cloths as well and my halfpad is Le Mieux.

Apologies if you already know this, but it would be worth having your saddle checked with the halfpad on just to make sure it doesn't alter the fit. :)

This. Le mieux half pads are the best IMO. Their close contact pads do sit very well under too. & echo about saddle fit.

blood_magik

Visit site
Found a picture.
Numnah is one of the yard ones as he was competing for them with my instructor but you can see the half pad. I would have moved the numnah back a bit, personally…

ETA: Yard is typical SJ yard that uses one saddle on a number of horses, which would explain why the halfpad is being used in this case. M uses his own saddles when he jumps clients' horses.

attachment.php

hot-hoof

New User
Visit site
thankyou, yes i do need the half pad because my tb mare has had all winter off on a fattening diet, and when i bring her back into work in a few months she wont have much topline(like she used to) until i build it up again :) thanks for the recomendations guys!

JustKickOn

Visit site
It's usually when a horse drops condition that a saddle is padded out though, isn't it?

But anyway, have a look on horse health, they have lots of the LM stuff, as do dressage deluxe :)

Cluny

Visit site
Im not impressed with Lemieux half sheepskin numnahs right now. My husband bought one (with shim inserts) for his hunter. It was only ever washed on a wool cycle with Woolskin wash and allowed to dry naturally. The sheepskin is unglueing and coming apart from the numnah. Won't be buying one again.

Really recommend Horsedream sheepskin products. Fantastic quality medical grade sheepskin that wears really well and the fibres are long enough to trap the air.

www.horsedream.co.uk