Good temperament tb stallions

Irishgal2019

New User
Visit site
hi all!

I have a small chunky Irish draught mare. Shes light of bone for an Irish draught and small at 15.3. I’m planning on breeding her live cover next year in Ireland. I want a tb but I know no tb lines. What tb lines are known for excellent temperament. I’m not looking to breed an Olympic horse but a nice commercial allrounder horse, basically her with a little more movement and scope.

Thanks in advance

QueenBella

Visit site
I just recently bought a mare out of Loughehoe guy, she's only 4 and has a wonderful temperament, great head on her shoulders for her age! I think he's classed as an ISH but he's 100% TB.

I saw Sir Lando at a stallion parade earlier on in the year and he's a beautiful animal but not sure of his temperament.

ihatework

Visit site
One I’m just starting to keep an eye on is Wessex Starring Role, supposedly good temp but I want to get eyes on offspring.
Showy/allrounder type.
(Although I just read commercial requirements - not sure he would be that if breeding for sports market)

Irishgal2019

New User
Visit site
I just recently bought a mare out of Loughehoe guy, she's only 4 and has a wonderful temperament, great head on her shoulders for her age! I think he's classed as an ISH but he's 100% TB.

I saw Sir Lando at a stallion parade earlier on in the year and he's a beautiful animal but not sure of his temperament.
love him but breeders don’t seem a fan of the idea and I’ve no idea why. He’s one that’s been on my mind for a while. 4k is definitely out of budget ha but thanks for the suggestion

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Langaller Kings Manna - He goes and hunts and events a bit. He is a nice horse. I also think he is old fashioned TB so a bit of bone.

Ireland has some decent TBs.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
love him but breeders don’t seem a fan of the idea and I’ve no idea why. He’s one that’s been on my mind for a while. 4k is definitely out of budget ha but thanks for the suggestion
Why don’t you look for a possible offspring from him then, I was under that for the full horse 😂

LEC

www.youtube.com
Why don’t you look for a possible offspring from him then, I was under that for the full horse 😂
Of course you were because you got an ex racer. It’s not really comparable racing TB stallions vs sport horse TBs. They are very different price points for obvious reasons. There are very few dual standing stallions and if they are standing dual it usually means they are not black type or they are dwindling in popularity as gone out of fashion/old. I am not sure what useful information you are trying to add to this thread?

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Of course you were because you got an ex racer. It’s not really comparable racing TB stallions vs sport horse TBs. They are very different price points for obvious reasons. There are very few dual standing stallions and if they are standing dual it usually means they are not black type or they are dwindling in popularity as gone out of fashion/old. I am not sure what useful information you are trying to add to this thread?
Im not sure why you feel the need to quote me? When you are not the OP!

He did not race, therefore is not an ex racer! Thank you though 😘

ihatework

Visit site
Irish tb stallions that are showing some eventing stock in uk therefore with an element of commercial
Financial Reward
Emperor Augustus
Loughehoe Guy (sp?)

A bit of chatter but not yet consistently around
Watermill Swatch
Road to happiness
Pointilliste

LEC

www.youtube.com
Irish tb stallions that are showing some eventing stock in uk therefore with an element of commercial
Financial Reward
Emperor Augustus
Loughehoe Guy (sp?)

A bit of chatter but not yet consistently around
Watermill Swatch
Road to happiness
Pointilliste
My current favourite is Island Commander. Seems to keep the jump and I am biased as have one. Mine is the sweetest boy.

Don’t like Emperor Augustus or Robin De La Maison. I have watched a LOT of Irish sales and been and haven’t seen a decent one for eventing. Though the Emperors do well in the show ring…

Don’t mind the Pointillistes or Road to Happiness. I like financial rewards as well.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Whatever you use make sure it doesn't have the C6/7 congenital asymmetry. It's apparently absolutely rife in TBs.

Asha

Visit site
Langaller Kings Manna - He goes and hunts and events a bit. He is a nice horse. I also think he is old fashioned TB so a bit of bone.

Ireland has some decent TBs.
I know a chap who has ridden/hunted him, and he says hes fab under saddle.

Hes on my list.