Goodbye anglo sax, friday 7th.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Well we have made the decision to let our old boy go before the winter draws in and the cold starts to make him stiff. My beautiful boy has been with us for 13 years now and has always looked after me even from the first time i rode him at 8 when mum tried him out. He has been a loyal servant to us and we now owe him a painfree end. I hope the weather is kind to us on friday so he can have the sun on his back and stuff his face with his food! My gorgeous boy a huge thank you for all the years of joy you have given us. We will love you forever.

Your time has come,
The pain is great,
But for you my boy,
The decision ill make.

The summer is here,
The winter is near,
And soon your bones will ache,
That pain I don’t wish on you.

Enjoy the sun upon your back,
Enjoy the long lush grass & love,
For soon you’ll leave us forever,
But we’ll meet again at rainbow bridge my dear,

Who will I go to now?
When bad things happen or secrets to be told,
Your the one whos neck I hold,
Whos breath blows down my neck.
My silent ear, my saving grace, my beautiful majestic horse.

CIMG3707.jpg

ebonyallen

Visit site
My heart goes out to you,but the last thing we can all do for our very special friends is to make sure that they do not suffer. Your words brought tears to my eyes and I know how hard this is to do, and my thoughts are with you all, but you know the time is right and you are doing the right thing for Anglo Sax, take care.

Chrissie x x

skydancer

Visit site
I think you are very brave and your horse s lucky to have an owner like you x Your poem made me cry and i will be thinking of you and Anglo Sax on Friday God Bless xxx

fatpiggy

Visit site
Dizzydancer, the price we pay for love is a broken heart. Remember that he will have lost nothing except pain. If you didn't care so much, you wouldn't feel so sad. He is a lucky boy.

lottie940

Visit site
I think you are so brave. Anglo Sax is lucky to have an owner like you, I can only hope that i will be strong enough to do the right thing when the time arrives.

I will pray for good weather for you both, sending you the hugest hugs that I can. Rest in peace fella.xx

Tonty Tont

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear :(

You are choosing the kindest thing for him, and you are very brave for doing that.

I will be thinking of you both, and sending you hugs.

RIP Anglo Sax x

babymare

Visit site
beautiful words and poem - what a kind caring person you are and my thoughts are with you and all concerned and i will be thinking of you on friday- the saying "better to have loved and lost never to have loved at all " is so true - how enriched your life as been with anglo sax - in time when the tears stop you will have the memories and smiles and how precious are they. I hope the next few days are special and the sun comes out on friday and warms his back - in my thoughts xxxxxx

Sheep

Visit site
Very brave to make such a tough decision. But it is ultimately the best decision for him.

Hope his last few days are pleasant and he gets to feel the sun on his back and may his final moments be peaceful.

RIP Anglo Sax.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Bless you, I really do feel for you. Its so hard, as I know. But what a lucky boy to have such a caring, loving owner. Though its breaking your heart, you are making the right decision. Those are beautiful words, and just about sums it up. I'll be thinking of you on Friday, and will be there in spirit with you. Be brave and strong for him. Keep those sweet memories in your heart.
Hugs for you both RIP Anglo Sax, many friends at Rainbow Bridge await you xx

ISHmad

Visit site
What a beautiful tribute to your horse. Sending you strength for Friday and wishing Anglo Sax a peaceful passing. Take care x

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I will be up at the yard today to spend our last day together. No doubt i will be in pieces!! He is out in a new field yesterday and today to have a big pig out on long lushious grass!

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Well i spent my last night with my boy. He will be going late morning tomorrow. He will not be leaving this earth alone tho as his elderly companion will now be going with him after much consideration his owner and yo agrees its kinder they both go together. I hope they enjoy there last night together on this earth and i have comfort knowing they will be together forever on there new journey. Praying for sun on your backs tomorrow x x

Dizzydancer

Visit site
He is gone. :'( the sun shone just before the wagon turned up and for half an hour. My gorgeous boy i cant believe ill never see your face or feel your breath again.
Run free my boy up to rainbow bridge where one day we will meet again, until then play with your friends like you did before your bones ached x x x x

Sadiemay

Visit site
***CRYING***

Am SO sorry for your loss :( I know exactly what you are going through as do so many here sadly.

Run free sweet fella with your dear companion.

I am sure my Sadie will be waiting for you both to welcome you to the lush green pastures in the sky, where the warm sun will always shine upon your backs and your health and vigour is restored forever more.

Take good care of your self dizzydancer in these coming days/weeks ((HUG))

Sadiemay
xx

Last edited:

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
I can only echo Sadiemay. My heart goes out to you as I know exactly what you're going through. I'm crying tears for you and for my Bob. I too, hope my Bob was there to greet him and his pal, and now they are all enjoying a happy, pain-free time. Its us that are left behind that hurt. Treasure your memories. He'll always be with you forever.
Take care of yourself xx

juliag

Visit site
Crying too.......
I also have to make this decision to let my old pony go, I wish I could find your bravery. She looks at me and gives a soft whicker and my heart melts. Maybe the time is not just yet.... but it is very soon.