Goodbye my girl.

Farcical1

Visit site
Some of you were kind enough to offer suggestions when I was querying why my horse may have had a change in stance and become narrow behind.
She had her hocks injected but unfortunately this didn't work, so today she went to the vets for further investigations. It wasn't good news.
She had major damage to the hind suspensories on both legs and compensatory changes to her back. She is being put to sleep tomorrow.

Makemineacob

Visit site
Oh god that is awful, I haven't read your other posts but had to reply to say sending you hugs and so very sorry for you. God bless. x

Procrastination

Visit site
So sorry for you. I'm going through something similar with my girl at the moment, although haven't started any investigations yet but I have that same niggling feeling in the back of my mind :-(

chocolategirl

Visit site
So sorry for you. I'm going through something similar with my girl at the moment, although haven't started any investigations yet but I have that same niggling feeling in the back of my mind :-(

Me too I'm dreading having to make 'that' decision but my girl has facet joint degeneration and I suspect this is not the whole story as we just can't get her comfortable enough despite treatment. Back off to vets on 21st which will be Dday. You are very brave OP and I hope tomorrow goes peacefully for both of you.

Farcical1

Visit site
Thank you all. I have left her at the vets and they will see her off tomorrow. I had already decided that I wouldn't bring her back if it was bad news. It would just mean more stress for her and me.
I had a feeling it was not going to be good news. She had the last six weeks not being worked and was obviously deteriorating. I could tell she wasn't comfortable and could see no reason to prolong that.
Now to see if the insurance will pay out. I don't care if they won't, I wasn't going to prolong things.

For those of you with niggly feelings that things aren't right, trust your instincts.

Mariposa

Visit site
So sorry, it's never easy but what a lucky mare to be so loved that you are making the right decision for her. It's never easy, you have my sympathy, thinking of you.

_GG_

Visit site
I am so sorry. I hope tomorrow will pass quickly and that the coming weeks and months allow for good memories to peek through the grief xxx