Goodbye my perfect Lily life is so cruel

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I cannot believe I am writing this, yesterday evening our perfect Lily was taken away from us so suddenly and sent over the rainbow.

I found her in the field with her hindleg broken in multiple places, artery and tendon severed. She still so calm and gave me my usual greeting neigh even though her leg was in pieces and she must have been in unbearable pain. There was nothing we could do for her, we had no choice but to send her to sleep peacefully. The sun shone through the trees over her as she lay there, I kissed that squishy little nose of hers a thousand times.

Everyone knows she is my absolute world, I have never met such a kind, loving and intelligent horse. She made me laugh and smile every single day, she even trusted me enough to walk straight on that trailer on the weekend, now that made me cry!

She taught me how to ride being my first pony, she threw me off a million times I remember us having over 20 faults in our first showjumping competition.

She’s taught Nia how to ride too, being an amazing first pony for her 8 years later.

We had our dressage competition rosettes through the post yesterday and I’m saddened that you never got to have a photo wearing them with pride.
Nia is SO proud of her rosette and hung it up in her room straight away, thank you for looking after her.

I am absolutely heartbroken, I cannot get over that fact that I’ll never hear your excited neigh again or blow raspberries on your nose.

You were an absolute pleasure to ride, the best ride in the world and you had so much to give we had only just started!

I don’t know how you are meant to cope with the pain of loosing such a huge part of your life.

My world has flipped upside down overnight.

Lily, I love you so much you know that and I’m so sorry you had to leave like this.

I miss you so so much and I will never ever replace you.

Please everyone give your horses an extra big cuddle today you truly never know when your last ride will be.

CC52826A-0896-4C31-9E73-CCBE3B97E7D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Coblover63

Visit site
Oh my goodness what a terrible shock and horrific thing to have to go through. I am so VERY sorry for your loss. I've had a few horses over the years but what I feel for my mare, now, puts all the previous ones in the shade. I will hug her extra tight today xxx

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely replies, I will read them properly later when my eyes aren’t so fuzzy.

The only thing that makes me feel a tiny bit better is that I checked her at 4pm before my dressage lesson on my other horse and she was fine, I went to get her in at 5:15pm and found her with in that state. But she could have only done it within that short space of an hour and the blood was very fresh it hadn’t dried or gone gooey so I don’t think she was alone for long.
She stood like an absolute trooper waiting for the vet bless her heart she is the sweetest thing. We were there with her right till the end and had so many cuddles and kisses when she was down watching her eye reflexes slowly start to release.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Oh that is desperately sad and I am so sorry. However, I am pleased that you were with her to send her on her way in such a caring, loving fashion. My own eyes are going a bit fuzzy now - sending you a virtual hug.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
What a terrible shock and how awful to have to see her with such dreadful injuries. I am glad she was helped so quickly and knew you were there for her. I am so sorry foor your loss. She was obviously very loved. xx