Goodbye my perfect Lily life is so cruel

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My lovely girl was returned home to us yesterday, I thought I would feel some relief that she was home but if anything i just feel frustrated and upset that she is in that box when she should be bucking and squealing around in her field with her friends, she really didn't deserve this.
I guess I have to just think that in spirit shes cantering round with my gelding in the field, and she will be trotting down the center line with us always, I just can't see her.

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to what I can have made with her tail? Or another sort of memorial items for her little shrine. She was barefoot so no shoe to use.
I have sent off some tail to have a necklace and 'horseshoe' made using her tail and flowers combined with resin.

I knocked this up last night quickly to give her a place to be, she has so many rosettes that I need to put up and I have had some lovely photos made of her and my gelding to put on the wall behind.

IMG_1436.jpg
Thank you x

Ceriann

Visit site
That’s lovely. We planted a tree for my girl (some of her tail planted with it) - i liked the idea of a growing shrine that i could see when out in the field.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I've just seen this, so, so sorry you lost your beautiful girl. I'm hoping at some point to get a model of my mare (Willow) made by In the Wired Wild Wood on fb and use her mane and tail.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
That's beautiful BVR

thank you AE

That’s lovely. We planted a tree for my girl (some of her tail planted with it) - i liked the idea of a growing shrine that i could see when out in the field.

That's a good idea! Me and my partner are in the process of buying a house so when we settle that seems like a nice thing to do.

I've just seen this, so, so sorry you lost your beautiful girl. I'm hoping at some point to get a model of my mare (Willow) made by In the Wired Wild Wood on fb and use her mane and tail.

Thank you GW :( Thank you I will look at their fb page.
So sorry for your loss too x

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I am so sorry to read this, how heart breaking. She was gorgeous and clearly lived a happy, loved life.

When my mare was put to sleep I also thought, and still do that her spirit is still galloping around the paddock, having fun with her friends and wherever I went she was looking down on me, watching over me, pain free.