Goodbye Red

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Today at 2.30 my sweet mare will be pts. At 32 she is now showing signs of problems, drinking miles too much and flooding her bed, she is stiff and only has two teeth left. It is time, but I feel like a muderer!
I am sitting at work waiting to leave! :(

Tonight I will raise a glass to a friend and I will miss you,
I will miss your sweet face, your pretty bright bay coat,
I will miss your striped hooves and black mane and tail,
I will miss, slightly less, your rumberling when I was late with your tea.
I will miss your pretty dorsal stripes and stripey legs, so unsual that you are.
I will miss your sure footed gallop(unlike that silly oaf who trips over his own feet!)
I will miss slightly less, your lack of brakes.
I will miss your kindness,

Tonight a gypsy cob baby will miss you too, his second mum, the one that took him under her wing.
He will miss your lessons in manners,
He will miss your head rubbed on his back,
He will miss, slightly less, your hooves and teeth when he was bad.

We are all the better for your time on this planet,
Run free, Run fast, Run forever!

Maple Leaf Rag AKA Red.

Pictures on profile. :)

Emilieu

Visit site
She is beautiful and if those pictures are recent you have done her proud into her old age. A lucky lady who will leave a big hole for you. Hugs - will think of you x

LaurenBay

Visit site
Please do not feel like a murderer! you are not. What you are doing is letting her go with her head held high and with love and respect. You are very brave and sound like a very caring owner.

I will be thinking of you at 2.30

RIP Red xx

fatpiggy

Visit site
Murder is killing with malice aforethought. You are not doing that. You are showing well thought out kindness. Remember that where old age is concerned things can and do only ever get worse. Red will be in good company, my old girl is very friendly and loves fellow oldies. She will show Red around the same as she did when she was alive, having gone ahead in October. You have my sympathy.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Thoughts are with you and your mare. Its sometimes the kindest thing we can do for the oldies. Shes had a good life with you and your giving her the final kindness. Not much consolation but {{hugs}} for you.

RIP Red sleep tight xx

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
My thoughts are with you this afternoon, saying goodbye to an old friend is hard, but the last kindness we owe them for a lifetime of friendship and loyalty. Raise a glass this evening to her.

Tilda

Visit site
Thinking of you. Stay strong she will thank you for making the hardest of decisions because you know it is right for her xx

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
I am so sorry. I hope it was all peaceful, and your dear mare is at peace. What a wonderful age she was. She'll be running free now, whole and happy with all the others we have lost, including my beloved Bob. Thinking of you at this difficult time. Take care x

cblover

Visit site
The right decision but not an easy one....true sign of a horse lover and responsible owner. You should be proud of yourself. Take care and don't be too hard on yourself! x

RIP sweet one. x

Mrs B

Visit site
Oh gosh, been there - I did cry at that! So sorry, OP - they're all precious but the oldies break your heart *hugs* Thinking of you and sleep tight, Red. :( x