Goodnight Bren.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Sadly lost my friends old guy Bren tonight. I have looked after him for around 10 years now, and he's lived with my 3.

We moved from Essex to Notts just before Christmas, and Bren came too, didn't want to take his mates away. Before we moved, me and his owner had a long chat, because she knew she wouldn't be able to just come up if needed. She also knew I loved him as much as my own, so would do what was right.

Got to the yard after work, and he was down in the field. Knew straight away something wasn't right, so got him straight in. He has colicked before a few times, and the last time we thought that was it, but he recovered. This time, there was nothing obvious, other than wanting to lay down. No sweating, no pawing at his tummy.

Ummed and ahhed, called the vet, something just wasn't right. His heart rate was very fast, and his colour wasn't good. She did an internal and surgery was the only option. Long chat with Nic, and we made the call. He was 26, and Nic had him since weaning. She was sorry that I had to deal with it, I'm sorry I feel I let her down. Lots of tears, but he went very peacefully!

Goodbye Bren, I will miss you so much. X

nikicb

www.facebook.com
So sorry for your loss, and your friend's as well. My old girl went in similar circumstances except I left her behind with my friend when we moved. She dealt with it all and I wasn't able to be there. I have never felt my friend let me down, and I am sure your friend won't either. She will know that you loved him like your own, as I know that my friend loved my girl. Big hugs all round and run free Bren. xxxx

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Thank you.

Here he is when Nic first got him.
8ba91ca16910379a372a9164bc313f40_zpsgxcz7ox6.jpg

This was him Wednesday eve.
7a97f9b50e67293c7d2bf4176dc90758_zps3agtew6w.jpg

He was a grump. Typical Section D, was his way or the high way, fell off him more times than all my 3 put together!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am sorry for your loss. Everyone involved did their best for Bren, right up to the end and none should feel that they let anyone down.

You really are not having an easy time atm

Princess16

Visit site
He looks lovely I'm so sorry.

You did what you had to do and you didn't let your friend down. She knew you loved him like your own so please don't be hard on yourself.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh sleep well lovely boy. Please don't think you let your friend (or Bren) down . . . your obvious love for him (and, frankly, for your friend) shines through in this very sad post. How lovely that he had someone who loved him with him at the end - putting him first.

Have a hug.

P xx

cblover

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. He clearly was very loved and had a wonderful life. Who can ask for more than that!! Take care. X

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Hi sweet pea. So sorry babe. I know without any doubt you have not let anyone down. Your love and care for him would of been 110% and will be after he has been set free.

I am sorry you had to go through this so soon after the move.

You know where I am. X stay strong.

Love GW x

zebrahorse

Visit site
He's a beautiful boy. You didn't let anyone down, although I know it can feel that way. You made the best decision. I'm so sorry for your's and your friend's loss. RIP Bren.