Goodnight Janet George

palo1

Visit site
Such sad news to hear of the passing of Janet George; a woman of many achievements in the equestrian world, as a hugely respected breeder of Irish Draught horses under the prefix Indigo, as an equine welfare campaigner and activist through the Equine Market Watch and relevant to this forum, as a very influential campaigner for hunting. She has been described as 'A prime mover in the organization of the 1998 march, she was dubbed the voice of the countryside by the media.'' She wrote widely on the subject of hunting and was very much respected by the national press on the subject. She was also known for her kindness, generosity and honesty. Goodnight, much loved Janet.

Bob notacob

Visit site
Thank you Tiddlypom for posting that picture.I never knew of the lady as anything other than the wrangler of recalcitrant Irish Draught youngsters (who could pick up a round bale and wander off with it, I so loved that comment when she made it) . I am so happy that how I imagined Janet George is exactly how she looks. I shall miss her ,but my heart goes out to those who knew her well.

Jericho

Visit site
Such sad news to hear of the passing of Janet George; a woman of many achievements in the equestrian world, as a hugely respected breeder of Irish Draught horses under the prefix Indigo, as an equine welfare campaigner and activist through the Equine Market Watch and relevant to this forum, as a very influential campaigner for hunting. She has been described as 'A prime mover in the organization of the 1998 march, she was dubbed the voice of the countryside by the media.'' She wrote widely on the subject of hunting and was very much respected by the national press on the subject. She was also known for her kindness, generosity and honesty. Goodnight, much loved Janet.
Ahh I am so sad to hear that. Have been a member of this forum for years and she was a very prominent person here and thought she always gave good honest to the point advice. Sounds like the horse world has lost a great advocate

Bob notacob

Visit site
Thanks Jericho for bringing this post back up . I have been feeling a bit down about life recently ,and that picture and the reminder of a remarkable person brought a warmth back to me. I am sad she has gone but glad she was here.