Goresbridge Horse Sales

CastleMouse

Visit site
I've been to the Sport Horse and Monthly Sales several times, definitely worth it
smile.gif
The Goresbridge site will give you all the information you want - http://www.irishhorse.com/
smile.gif

Hotels - http://www.irishhorse.com/links.htm

CastleMouse

Visit site
I haven't bought any horses from there myself, but I have several friends who have bought and sold their horses through Goresbridge and they were very pleased all round
smile.gif
A lot of HHOers have bought horses through Goresbridge as well, I'm sure a few will reply to this post
smile.gif

ClaireT

Visit site
My MIL has an agent based in Walsall who buys all her stock at Goresbridge - always lovely, lovely well bred horses. Whenever we need something snazzy, Goresbridge is the place to find it; all the 4 year olds have been well backed and already nicely schooled with good jumping technique established too.

c7mlm

Visit site
i have bought a few times from goresbridge and cavan. just make sure you use the revetting service. i did hear that a dealer is sending some over from england to be sold as they would not pass a 5 stage vetting here, and also things are not selling here at the moment. they originally came from ireland to start with

Equus Leather

www.virtualdressage.co.uk
Interesting stuff. If we did buy anything it would definitely be revetted.

How does shipping over to England work?

Is there somewhere where you can ride before you buy so to speak?? What do 4 and 5 yr olds normally go for?

Where does everyone stay when you go over?

c7mlm

Visit site
you just get the pass out when you pay for the horse and give it to which transport company you use. normally about £200. its easier to ride at cavan than goresbridge but not all of the sellers like you riding them so i would not entertain them. most of them are cool about it. dont forget to take a hat. we used to stay in a motel just before goresbridge it was very clean and friendly. if you stay in kilkenny the big hotels are quite dear. it is not as cheap as it was a few years back. last one i bought was 2 years ago he was a 5yo the most perfect horse in all ways. clear vetting but he failed on the revetting. he was £4k don't Forget the vat and commision. when i went last year i was amazed at the amount of lots that had sarcoids or warts as the vetting said. i was quite put of after that

Eira

Visit site
My mare came from Goresbridge Horse Sales last year as an unbroken 3 yo and in my opinion she's a good'un , but definately as everyone else has said get the revetting done
laugh.gif

as im a proud mummy here's my ISH
laugh.gif

Gorgeous.jpg
grin.gif

wishfulthinking

Visit site
It's a good place to go, far better than Cavan IMO. Monthly sales aren't worth entertaining. The sport horse sales, it depends when you go. Some are kept for the big Spetember sales but still plenty of choice. Def use the revetting. There is space to ride but most buyers don't so the vendor may not expect you to ask! The good horses make good money but there are plenty of buyable middle of the rode horses too. Often junk makes more than you'd think though! Anything nice looking that jumps but without breeding recorded generally goes with the dealers to England. Do check out the Cavan sales catalogue for roughly the same time too as often horses that don't sell in one place go to the other and it's nice to be aware. As regards transport there are loadds of companies there waiting to travel, definatley worth having a look at the lorries as some aren't necessarily what you'd be hoping for! Good luck!

franceswoop

New User
Visit site
hi- im going at the end of march to the sport horse sales at goresbridge but im trying to work out the cheapest, quickest and safest way of transporting my new horse back to the south east. does anybody know of reputable companies?

it is also my first time buying at the sales so any advice would be very gratefully recieved!!
Thanks everybody! xx

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting stuff. If we did buy anything it would definitely be revetted.

How does shipping over to England work?

Is there somewhere where you can ride before you buy so to speak?? What do 4 and 5 yr olds normally go for?

Where does everyone stay when you go over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shipping a couple of hundred quid. Prices vary widely, Beau came from there, he was £9500 as a 4yr old, young dressage prospect.

sherwood'

Visit site
I bouhgt an unbroken three yr old from there. It was a good find and there was 100's of fantastic horses over 5 days in Septemeber - their biggest sport horse sales. I got revetted too- a must IMO!
prescott a good transporter to deal with.

The vat and commission does add up to quite a lot- i was surrpised!

Cavan sport horse sales are beginning to rival Goresbridge tho so I wouldnt wwrite them off- they are gettign better stock now than they used to- so always another option!