Goshka Ringo Youngsters

brackenhappy

Visit site
Hi peeps i aint been on here in ages due to loosing Bracken, however after sometime away from the horses i realised i needed them back in my life!!! My friend has given me her youngster on full loan to get back into the swing of things!! am just after a little bit of advice really!! Her youngster (or i should say my youngster :) ) is turning 3 next month out of Goshka by her anglo arab mare, i was wondering at what age should he start to be filling out!! at the moment his body is like a 2 year olds!! he's still narrow in the chest although he is getting tall (will put photos on when i can!!) he has calmed down a lot from last year when he was a raving looney!! Are Goshka's off spring slow at maturing or is that likely due to his mum?? at the moment am just enjoying playing with him i havent started doing anything like lunging or long reining!! he has had a bridle and bit on and been to Cheshire show however this was last year and to be honest he hasnt done anything yet due to my friends pregnancy hence why am taking him on!! any advice with regards to his development and if its at the normal rate will be gratefully received!!! xxx

brackenhappy

Visit site
Picture if it helps!!! spent to long downloading on to photobucket could'nt edit above post!!!
This is Marley taken this week
107_0468.jpg

S_N

Visit site
I have a Ringo 2yo that I bred and she is more mature looking than your boy. She's an April foal, so quite late and came out of winter with me worrying that she was small. Worries that are now unfounded as she is filling out and growing up well - good old Dr Green! She's still a bit leggy and so she should be. Her dam is WB, however I am often asked if she is TB.

Clepottage

Visit site
I've just finished bringing back and bringing on a Ringo 4yo who I backed last autumn for his owner.

He's been a pleasure to do from beginning to end although very, very sharp (I'm fairly sure the sharpness comes from his hot eventer mother who I had the dubious honor of riding round a few courses for the same owner) and he's certainly talented.

He's big, full up 16.3hh and a bit and still looks to have a bit of growing and a lot of filling out to do, tidy and generally a useful sort to have around. In my previous experience of Ringos stock I've come across more jumper/dressage types but the one I describe looks eventer through and through, it'll be intersting to see how far he goes. Does anyone know of any Ringo stock already eventing?

vhf

Visit site
My family have two 4yo mares coming out eventing gently this season, both placed at Cricklands eventer trials and looking the business. Someone on here has a little cracker out eventing I think?

brackenhappy

Visit site
Marely is'nt 3 till the end of next month but we are hoping he matures very quickly and fills out!!! He is the mares first foal so we have nothing to compare him with!! to be fair my friend did phone the stud when he was born to complain he was a runt!!!! hes standing just a little under 15.3hh at the mo although that picture is not the best (will be taking more hopeully better ones very soon!!)!! and the lack of tail is due to it being chewed off 2 weeks before the cheshire show last year then being nibbled on since!! (the youngster that was chewing tails has been moved now!!) am not sure about any of ringo stock competing other than the pics on his website, but i thought there was a few people on here that had ringo babys!!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
we bred one who has been slow to mature but he has had 18hh to fill!
The filly I retained was actually pretty mature at 3 and we lightly backed her that Spring.
Overall they have all been pretty trainable but they can be big!

cocomullen

Visit site
I have a now 6 year old. She is not by Ringo but has similar breeding further back in her pedigree, it has taken this long to fill out and mature so at just turning 3 I wouldn't worry, think warmbloods on the whole are rather late to mature and fill out. He looks a lovely type, best of luck with him. :)

Peasfriend

Visit site
we bred one who has been slow to mature but he has had 18hh to fill!
The filly I retained was actually pretty mature at 3 and we lightly backed her that Spring.
Overall they have all been pretty trainable but they can be big!

Pickle's not 18hh - he's 17.4hh I tell you! Like volatis says, he has been slow to mature, being very narrow in the chest up until well past his 3rd birthday, but he is a very tall boy. It's only really this year (his 5th) that he's started to broaden out. He's out of a big TB mare, and will eventually be expected to have a go at most things (hopefully).

Otimoo

Visit site
WOW this is weird, firstly i have no idea to original post, sorry! But my reason for posting is: i lost my pony in september she was called bracken, after a while i decided to get a youngster to bring on and he is called Marley!! pointless post i know but i just found it really strange!