Got a bitch on Monday night...

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I went out onto the street to make sure the bin was in a place where the bin men would be able to get to it (i.e. not blocked by some inconsiderate twat parking his car over the dropped kerb), and I saw a greyish whitish husky type dog walking towards me.

So I crouched down, clapped gently and called out to it, and it came trotting up to me, cheerfully wagging its tail. I made a bit of a fuss of it, and grabbed its collar as I stood up.

Looked up and down the street, nobody around, so I took it into the garage and clipped a lunge rope to its collar, and took it into the back garden. I asked my daughter to get my phone, so what did she do? Squealed "Oh! he's so cute!11!1!!!" and got her own phone to take a video. Here are some stills

vlcsnap-00002.png

vlcsnap-00003.png

vlcsnap-00044.png

Then she got me my phone, so I could call the number on the dog's collar disc. The call went straight to the answering service, so thinking that the owner might be driving around searching, I left a message that I'd found the dog and that I'd be walking it up and down the street.

We walked for about half an hour; I thought the dog might recognize something and start pulling in a particular direction, but no, she was well behaved the whole time...

So I thought I'd take her up to the yard, to see her reaction to horses, maybe get a clue as to if her owners were horsey people. This is a big yard, the horses would be able to see us from a good way off, and couple of the instructors bring there own dogs, so I was confident that the horses would not be spooked. No reaction from the dog, other than quiet curiosity.

So we left and were walking back when my phone rang.... two lads in their early twenties, who'd been sent out by their mum to collect "Nanook".

:(

So I don't have a dog any more.

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
I went out onto the street to make sure the bin was in a place where the bin men would be able to get to it (i.e. not blocked by some inconsiderate twat parking his car over the dropped kerb), and I saw a greyish whitish husky type dog walking towards me.

So I crouched down, clapped gently and called out to it, and it came trotting up to me, cheerfully wagging its tail. I made a bit of a fuss of it, and grabbed its collar as I stood up.

Looked up and down the street, nobody around, so I took it into the garage and clipped a lunge rope to its collar, and took it into the back garden. I asked my daughter to get my phone, so what did she do? Squealed "Oh! he's so cute!11!1!!!" and got her own phone to take a video. Here are some stills

vlcsnap-00002.png

vlcsnap-00003.png

vlcsnap-00044.png

Then she got me my phone, so I could call the number on the dog's collar disc. The call went straight to the answering service, so thinking that the owner might be driving around searching, I left a message that I'd found the dog and that I'd be walking it up and down the street.

We walked for about half an hour; I thought the dog might recognize something and start pulling in a particular direction, but no, she was well behaved the whole time...

So I thought I'd take her up to the yard, to see her reaction to horses, maybe get a clue as to if her owners were horsey people. This is a big yard, the horses would be able to see us from a good way off, and couple of the instructors bring there own dogs, so I was confident that the horses would not be spooked. No reaction from the dog, other than quiet curiosity.

So we left and were walking back when my phone rang.... two lads in their early twenties, who'd been sent out by their mum to collect "Nanook".

:(

So I don't have a dog any more.

Well done for taking care of Nanook. I know I would be forever grateful if someone like you took care of my dogs if they went walkabout.