Got a new dog from the pound

Daytona

Visit site
Well 3 days ago we got a new doggy from the local rescue centre, a 7 year old Staffie girl.

Looks like she been used to breed then was dumped as no longer of any use.

Had been in the centre since Feb. I was nearly crying when I seen her, she looked a sorry state just sat curled up shaking, lifted her head to look at us then tucked it away again, well that was it for me I could not leave her there.

The centre said Staffies are the most overlooked dogs, there was heaps in there and due to her being older and not looking the best as all saggy underneath it would most likely be hard for her to get a home

So we took her, she is the most sweet well behaved little critter ever. A pleasure to have around.

Luckily she is gets along with our Boxer dog fine though she is the dominate one.

We adore the wee mite already.

Just wish I could of taken more out of there.

So sad :-(

I challenge anyone to go to a rescue centre and be able to leave without a dog in hand , it's just heart breaking

Vizslak

Visit site
Oh bless her, lovely to see she already has a smile on her face. Well done you for giving her a chance at the life she deserves.

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Wow that made me a little teary. The look on her gorgeous little face, so grateful & loving. Glad she gets on with your boxer :) well done you and I hope you have many happy years together :)

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Well done for giving this lovely girl a chance, if it wasnt for you it looks like she would have spent forever waiting for a home.

Lovely photos and seeing her with your other dog makes me feel like Elle all teary.

CAYLA

Visit site
What a lovely little post:) and what a lucky little lady she is, and you are right its such a sad state seeing these little staffs in the pound (worse place for their breed) being so human orientated and loving their heat and being parted from both in such a stressful environment does not bring out the best in their little personalities. It would be good for people to see them in foster homes and see what fab pets they make (sadly there are just far to many):(
Well done for offering her a loving home, she looks well settled with your girl:)

mollichop

Visit site
Oh she is lovely - what a sweet girl!

Love the pic with your Boxer - Well done for choosing her - I too am teary reading that - what's her name? :)

Native Speaker

Visit site
What a lovely post! :D

Thank you for doing right by this little girl, and for sharing your news with us! :D

Updates would be lovely. ;) We need to know as much about her as possible - we're a nosey lot in here! ;);):D

numptynoelle

Visit site
Oh bless, I can see why you couldn't leave her behind. :) Please keep us updated as to how she's getting on!

I'm hoping in a few years time I'll be making a similar type of post :)

NikkiF

Visit site
What a beautiful little face! Mega well done for getting another Staffie out of kennels, far too many of them in there! Hope you have much fun with her ;)

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Well done you! I'm sitting here all weepy-eyed, and seeing everything with blurred vision. Lovely photo of your new dog with your Boxer. Such a happy post!

Daytona

Visit site
Aww thanks guys

Added a few more pics
http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/ludoctro/

We called her Dizzy, all we know about her is she was handed into dog home at start of Feb as was found dumped somewhere, they did not go into details .

They said she was a very depressed dog , looked like she had given up on life, as I said she did not even bother to get up when we looked in at her, she was curled up shaking either cold or scared , lifted her head glanced up then tucked it away it was heart breaking, she was all alone not being mised with others either as they were unsure on how she would be. They let her out cage to come see us and she came over all submissive and shaking but wagging her tail a bit, she seemed very scared. Honestly me and my hubby nearly cried. So that was it we went got the £100 you need to get them out and took her home.

Since coming home well she is a star , perfectly behaved apart from a tad dominating with other dogs, tried to fight our boxer but within 24 hours they were ok, she just curls her lip up at her now and the boxer knows to go away. But every day she is getting better with her now sharing bed and able to go in boot of car together. How anyone could of dumped a girl of her age I just don't understand.

She is sooooo friendly to people, she won't let me out her sight , follows me about like a shadow , just do chuft to get cuddles and is loving being out for walks and up at horses etc

So glad we took her

millimoo

Visit site
Wish we had more posts like this... So pleased for you all, and it's lovely to see them both together.
Bought a tear to my eyes too, she was obviously such a very sad little lady in the kennels :( I'm sure she'll repay you a million times over, bless her

YasandCrystal

Visit site
What a lovely post and another 'really well done' for taking on an older dog and a staffie. They are such sweet dogs and the rescues as we all know are overrun with them. She will reward you one hundred fold with love - I am so pleased for her, what a lucky dog now :)

Copperpot

Visit site
Well done :) I have an ex poundie staffy x and he is so loving. They are wonderful dogs and I'm a staffy convert now. Bless you for giving her a loving home :)

Jingleballs

Visit site
What a lovely post and a beautiful girl!

I helped out at a local rescue centre earlier this year and they are inundated with staffies - in fact one lovely boy has been in the rescue centre for 18 months now and still can't find a home despite being the sweetest wee dog.

Staffies have never been one of my favoured breeds (I like lurchers and cross breeds) but I think when the time comes for me to get another dog I would consider rescuing a staffie.

NikkiF

Visit site
Staffies have never been one of my favoured breeds (I like lurchers and cross breeds) but I think when the time comes for me to get another dog I would consider rescuing a staffie.

I was the same about Staffies until I started helping out at local rescue centre, am now total convert, got my Staffie X from there 16 mths ago and am now seriously considering getting another - although not too sure what Maisie will make of that idea!

dunthing

Visit site
Lovely little dog. My daughter has a friend who runs a staffy rescue near Edinburgh I think. It's such a shame that there are so many of them in kennels when they make wonderful family friends. Well done for giving her the home she deserves.

MinskiKaii

Visit site
Cogratulations, she's georgeous!!

We rehomed a 2 year old staffy x in November. It's heartbreaking going round the kennels when there are so many staffys and staffy xs. The place we got her from must have had 40-50 between their 2 kennels.

Good luck with her.

Daytona

Visit site
Cheers folks, yes we feel blessed to have her, a little bundle of fun she is .

Would say to anyone considering getting a dog go and look at least in a rescue place at a Staffie and I bet one will win your heart :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Well done you :)

I desperately want to adopt a dog from a rescue place, but with work etc its just proving impossible :(