Got chucked off old yard today

Syrah

Visit site
Gobsmacked!!

Even though one of the reasons I moved Molly was the attitude of the YO, I didn't burn my bridges and we left on good terms.

DH and I went to visit a friend still on the yard and to pay for some haylage we had used.

The YO's husband came storming up to us and told us we weren't welcome on the yard and we were not to return. He said it was his policy and that it was bad for his business if we went back!!! WTF, it's worse for his business to treat us like this, especially as we know alot of people in the 'industry' and even moreso our friend who is a judge for dressage and BE, albeit is nearing retirement so doesn't do so much these days.

His face was like thunder and I seriously think he would have punched DH had DH said anything. We just said fair enough and he couldn't handle it, he just scurried off.

It never ceases to amaze me the oddities of some people in the horse world

Flame_

Visit site
Pathetic. You wonder how people with attitudes like that can keep a buisness going. I doubt they will for long with the amount of new places opening all the time in Cheshire its getting very competitive. Any chance of a PM who it is in case I know them. Just nosey!!!!!
wink.gif

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Pathetic. You wonder how people with attitudes like that can keep a buisness going. I doubt they will for long with the amount of new places opening all the time in Cheshire its getting very competitive. Any chance of a PM who it is in case I know them. Just nosey!!!!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have sent you it.

It's not one of the 'big' ones.

Pedantic

Visit site
Me and daughter left on bad terms from my old yard, but time passes and I dont see any point in carrying on grudges, we seem ok and got told it was nice to see me last time I visited, both owners spoke to me and daughter goes regular to ride a friends horse, so it shows some people can move on, dont think I would go back there, but nothing is written in stone except your grave stone, so you never know.

Syrah

Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad if we did leave on bad terms but we didn't. I made sure it was amicable even though the YO did what she did and spoke to me the way she did.

We even scrubbed the stable clean and both YO and her hubby wished us luck when we left.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I don't blame them at all.
You seem very dodgy to me - part of the equine criminal underworld, I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps you were 'casing the joint'?
You aren't suggesting that any YO could behave unprofessionally are you?
wink.gif

S
grin.gif

Leary

Visit site
In a way it just proves you made the right decision by going. I remember an earlier post and the YO sounded horrible. At least you are both happy now. If they are like that to you, then they probably treat most people badly, it will be their loss in the end. It's just sour grapes.

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't blame them at all.
You seem very dodgy to me - part of the equine criminal underworld, I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps you were 'casing the joint'?
You aren't suggesting that any YO could behave unprofessionally are you?
wink.gif

S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
bang to rights!

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In a way it just proves you made the right decision by going. I remember an earlier post and the YO sounded horrible. At least you are both happy now. If they are like that to you, then they probably treat most people badly, it will be their loss in the end. It's just sour grapes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they've really spat their dummy out and thrown their teddies out too
tongue.gif

Out of 16 Stables, I went on Saturday, another has gone on schooling livery and is wondering whether to return and another has gone on holiday livery and has decided to keep horse where it is
smirk.gif

BigBird146

Visit site
Don't want to be contraversial here, but if you look at it from their point of view, can you imagine if everyone who used to keep their horse there went back to see their friends? I know a YO and they get reallyt p***d off with random ex-liveries dropping in to what is essentially their private property to chat to their friends, as this could clearly be done elsewhere. Also, you probably aren't covered by their insurance as you no-longer pay to use their services so could be a liability. That said, I'm sure he could have explained this to you in a polite and friendly manner without busting a blood vessel!

X

xspiralx

lol I've had this attitude twice from YOs when I've decided to leave, some people take it very personally!

The first one, I was just moving because I wanted to go to a bigger yard with more people my age etc - YOs got the hump, and told us they were throwing us out but keeping my [loan] horse!! Then they went and told the horse's owner a bunch of lies about me in order to try and persuade her to let them keep the horse!

A subsequent YO was just a complete cow to me as soon as I said I would be moving, and on moving day when we were having trouble loading threatened to shoot my horse if he got loose! Absolute nutter
crazy.gif

Flame_

Visit site
Your YO friend needs to lighten up. I know if I invite my friends to come and see me and my horse where I pay to keep it, whether these friends are ex-liveries or not, thats my buisness. If your friend is that obsessive about the private property stuff she shouldn't be opening that property for buisness. If I ever get myself a yard to run I sure wouldn't take that attitude with my customers guests.
mad.gif

BigBird146

Visit site
I wouldn't presume to tell my yard owner friend anything of the sort... I was after all trying to offer a different point of view to try and explain what some on here clearly see as inexplicable behaviour.
You hit the nail on the head with the word BUSINESS though, not social club, creche or communal gathering place for like minded horsey people. With this BUSINESS comes certain responsibilities under the law, like insurance, Health & Safety Act etc which means that as the yard and business owners they must keep unauthorised (and uninsured) people who do not have a legitimate reason to be there off the yard?! Not rocket science surely?!

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Your YO friend needs to lighten up. I know if I invite my friends to come and see me and my horse where I pay to keep it, whether these friends are ex-liveries or not, thats my buisness. If your friend is that obsessive about the private property stuff she shouldn't be opening that property for buisness. If I ever get myself a yard to run I sure wouldn't take that attitude with my customers guests.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite! When friends of mine turn up at Cliveden they are greeted politely with a smile by the YO or staff, offered tea/coffee/biscuits and generally made to feel very welcome. Even if I am late and not there to meet them, I know they will be very well looked after (and that someone will even go and quickly give my horse a little extra shine and polish so he looks perfect when I arrive to show him to my friends). OK, these people are perhaps exceptional, but any decent yard should at least be polite to ALL clients, ex-clients, their friends, etc.