Got some serious inspiration today - Poplar Park Horse Trials :)

Tobiano

Visit site
Went to watch. Wow serious inspiration! We saw Andrew Nicholson, Mark Todd, Pippa Funnell, Phoebe Buckley and lots and lots of other really great riders and super horses.

AN rode at least 4, apparently one after the other, around the OI xc course - Pippa rode 3. Haven't been to anything like this for ages, it's so amazing to be so close and see the riders' concentration, hear them saying 'whoa' for the skinnies, and the sheer physical effort to get it right for the technical fences.

Fascinating too to see the range of different stamps of horses - some very fine looking TBs through to some cracking hunter types. I was also surprised to see most of the pro's riding the Intermediate dressage test in a snaffle - good for them I thought.

Inspiring and incredible as the xc was, I may as well have wished to fly to the moon as to be able to do that - but I did think, watching one dressage test - 'ooh, I wish I could keep my lower leg that still' ! Something to work on the rest of this year!!

Anyone else been inspired recently? :)

Tobiano

Visit site
AN wasn't even breathing hard. Unreal. !

I would have needed oxygen just after walking the course without stopping to rest in between fences! :)

bluebellfreddy

Visit site
They can ride upto 5 horses in one day with BE. Most riders do only dressage in a snaffle, even at 4* you will see most British horses in snaffles.