got to the point where i may call the horse game a day

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
today was the last straw, horse passes the vet with flying colours, purchasers try and haggle price even more, i knocked £200 off asking price as it is, then rang and said weve changed our mind as your being un reasonable about price!! after a painful few weeks showing horses to customer after customer and my bloody foal who i belived would earn me some decent money seriously injuring himself and at the moment feel like if some1 gave me £500 for him i would be lucky. And working full time riding horses for peanuts working bloody hard, i just dont know if its all worth it anymore??? why do we put our selves through the pain!!!

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
People are a pain they will pay a fortune for a car to go from A-B but a horse they want cheap.I hate selling and very ,very rarely do and although I am a qualified instructor I work in a normal job which pays the bills and gives me time for my horses

rema

Visit site
No you're probably right.All they see is the end result!.Not the blood,sweat and tears that go into getting the horse to that stage.

P.s where abouts are you in cornwall?.
grin.gif

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thats terrible! Don't give up though, if you have a copy of the vetting you can use it to show future interested parties! You can readvertise, saying readvertised due to timewasters and has full 5 stage vetting, the next person that comes along might not knock you down at all!

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
have pm'd you rema.

yep and they dont ever think about how much you pay for the bloody advert!!! grrr!!! iv left all my horses out tonight bugger them they can fend for them selves!! lol

mickey

Visit site
Read my Motto - !!
Take a deep breath, give yourself some R&R and you may feel a little better.
If you love being around horses stick with it.
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
They're a bit stupid really, normally the price has been agreed subject to veting. I can't understand why they pay for vetting & then expect to haggle the price down & then walk away from the deal.....makes no sense, they're actually losing money
confused.gif

If they really ant the horse they'll get back in touch...don't you dare drop the price morfe for them!
frown.gif

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
im not dropping i would rather bloody feed it for the rest of its life but its soo bloody annoying and i could have done with the money, and its not like he was an exspensive horse!!!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Tell them you're putting the price back up to the original advertised price as they've mucked you about so much.

I hate selling. People are so awful.

filly190

Visit site
Its seems very odd that they booked the vetting and then wont pay the asking price. I would be tempted to ring the vet and warn that the bill may not be paid, seems like they are messing everyone about.

filly190

Visit site
Its just a thought, but I would definately ring the vet to clarify that they booked it in their names, not yours - just in case.

KateStartin

Visit site
I know exactly where your coming from, have worked with horses for last 9 years, really starting to get to me, its not the horses that are the problem but the people that go with them
tongue.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
I agree with madhossy.... put it back up to the original price... plus a bit if you like and then if they come back to you, you can let them haggle you back down to the original pre-haggle price..... b****r them.... there will be other buyers.

I think that as they paid for the vetting they are the owners of the cert, and the vet would be forfeiting further possible vet fees if you had a copy as well...... when our pony was vetted, my vet did the vetting for them as they were a good distance away, she wouldn't even let me see it let alone have a copy, paid for or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
The vetting was only a thought, the last one of mine that was vetted by purchasers the vet left the certificate with me to give them, i guess every vet is different.

Still readvertise , you may get the full asking price next time and if they come back to you, say sorry your not open to offers now its the full asking price or nothing because you don't appreciate your time being wasted and you've had to pay to readvertise.

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
I've just been through all this ... someone had my pony vetted then said they didnt have the money to buy him and will I take a £3k deposit then they will pay me £50 a week until the other £6k was paid off! Like yeah I'm gonna agree to this from a total stranger. Told them to bog off! Luckily someone else who originally made a lower offer couldnt find a better pony so came back with the asking price and have given him a super home. So my advice is stick to your guns and only sell for the horses worth. Good luck.

lmholden

Visit site
If you as the purchaser pay for the vetting to take place then surely the contract is between you and the vet? My OH is a Chartered Surveyor and when he surveys properties for potential purchasers he doesn't tell the results of his findings to the property owners as they are not the ones he is working for.

!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Is that for me?

If was, I think your right but I was just saying that last time I had a vetting done the purchaser arranged it and the vet left me the certificate to give them, he probably shouldn't have done but did (naughty vet
blush.gif
).