GP saddle for long legs...

Neptune

Visit site
Any recommendations for GP saddle for long legs that both helps your position for dressage and jumping?

I currently have a Thorowgood GP. I have come to the conclusion that the stirrup bars are just not in the correct place for my long legs and therefore not helping my riding position. My position has deteriorated since having this saddle. I Use to have an old Kieffer which didn't put me in a too bad a position. Appreciate some of it is rider error but now I have this issue I would like a saddle which is going to help correct me again. I can not afford to get a dressage saddle as we jump also so can not afford the cost of two unfortunately. So have to use the GP for flat work position as best I can, but then also need a GP that can take my shorter stirrup length for jumping and still accommodate my leg. Arghhh!! Is there a saddle that can fit us for both?? Or anything reasonable cost wise to allow me a dressage saddle and another for jumping?

Open to any ideas really, made to measure or standard off the peg if there is one that can offer this?

Any recommendations? Thank you :)

dixie

Visit site
You might need to try an event saddle as they are quite often designed for jumping and the longer length stirrups for dressage.
My Exscelle Event was very good. Also worth looking at maybe the Bates GP as they have generous flaps and can be picked up fairly easily second hand.