Gracing and stables almost available

Barleymagrew

New User
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm a complete newbie so please be gentle!
I'm buying a small holding in Warwickshire and would love some horses around (other peoples) and we will need any additional income we can get. The place has as a separate flat 6.5.acre field which has easy road access, stables for 6 horses, water and power. Can anyone advise me of how many horses could it safely and properly accommodate and a fair weekly rent for a horse. I have no idea! Many many thanks for reading.

Sandstone1

Visit site
No services. Just space and stabling. Which has power and water. Sorry, I thought there was a need for stabling/grazing.
There is, what you can charge depends on facilities ie School, good hacking, parking for lorry or trailer etc. Im sure some yard owners will be along to advise.

Darbs

Visit site
My advice would be to make sure you are very picky about the type of people you rent it to, there are some oddballs out there. Be very strict about payment, repairs, maintenance, storage etc. and defintley get a written contract with break clauses where both sides can end the agreement.

There are plenty of stories on this forum of horses being abandoned and not cared for, with the yard owner having to deal with them. Get it written into the contrcat on the process for welfare and abandonment.

If possible source the new people by word of mouth recommendation and definitley get some references.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm a complete newbie so please be gentle!
I'm buying a small holding in Warwickshire and would love some horses around (other peoples) and we will need any additional income we can get. The place has as a separate flat 6.5.acre field which has easy road access, stables for 6 horses, water and power. Can anyone advise me of how many horses could it safely and properly accommodate and a fair weekly rent for a horse. I have no idea! Many many thanks for reading.

whereabouts are you?

MissTyc

Visit site
Do you have horses of your own/experience, or is this a totally new project?

You might be better/easier renting it out as a whole to a yard manager who can take on the subletting of spaces and land management. You'd get less cash but also a lot less aggro. If you rent each box individually to DIY owners there will be inevitable disputes for you to deal with, muckheap management issues, fencing issues, non-stop issues!!