Graham Fletcher - Report!!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Well we had a great day at Cobham Manor today with Graham Fletcher! It was lovely to meet all the HHO'ers and I'm happy to say they are all even more friendly and bubbly in real life than they are on here!

I'm really chuffed with my horse, I haven't had her long and shes never done a clinic before but she coped brilliantly. Not being a excitable TB type, she switched off a little in the middle with all the stopping and starting but soon picked up once we did some short courses, on the last big course we were the only ones to go round clear and Graham said it was 'very proffessional'
blush.gif
so i guess i can't ask for more than that! Can't really say i 'learnt' anything but I felt an improvement the more we did and I liked Grahams way of teaching, he's very into leaving the horse alone which I also like.

TGM has taken some fabulous pics from today which I'm sure she'll post soon!

Can't wait to come and (hopefully!) see you all again at the next one, perhaps we'll be cheering for JoElla and Otto next time round
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
I think you should be very proud of you and your horse - your last round was fantastic and I you definitely deserved the 'very professional' praise
grin.gif
About to put piccies in the gallery now!

BBs

Visit site
Oh how lovely
smile.gif
sounds like you had a great day, and although you might think you didnt learn much, you probably be surprised next time when you come to jump. Something will probably just pop into your head from this training
smile.gif

Cant wait to see pics, and so pleased you had a super day
smile.gif

Well done!

Sal_E

Visit site
JH - I think you should be very proud - you both did really well! Good to meet you, your hair is fab by the way!

juliehannah58

Visit site
LOL! My hair started as an accident! Hee hee, trying to save some pennies on the highlights but ended up paying more to get him to fix it - D'oh!!

It was so great to meet you all, shame I didn't have time to stay and watch the biggies and have a natter, next time I will come to watch I think then I can catch up properly with everyone
smile.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Yes BB's your definitely right, although I didn't learn anything new, it certainly re-capped things I have been told before so hopefully they'll stay a bit fresher in my little pea brain next time out!
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
You did brilliantly JH58! You definitely looked 'very professional'! The photos prove it! It was really nice to meet you and your gorgeous horsey!

I am going to book myself into the next clinic; I just pray we are good enough! Better get practicing!

susan_w

Visit site
Hi You did really well - and your horse was gorgeous. And you definitely deserved the "very professional" comment from Graham - he doesn't give praise easily, so you must have really impressed him.

Lovely to meet everyone.

S

TGM

Visit site
I must say I quite impressed by GF and would consider taking my mare to one of his clinics if we ever start doing serious jumping. I can see why you feel you didn't actually learn anything new, as he didn't suggest anything radical, but seemed to concentrate mainly on getting the rhythm and balance right.

Each session followed roughly the same format. Warm up in trot, then in canter. In the canter he asked the riders to shorten on the short sides and lengthen down the long sides. Then work over canter poles, then poles and a cross pole jump, then a little grid. Then work over a related distance, then finally jumping a course.

Nearly all the horses had improved significantly by the time they jumped the last course.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Aww sounds like you had a great time and the pics are fantastic.

I am so gutted i couldn't make it
frown.gif
I will be there next time round though
smile.gif