Grand National

silu

Visit site
Maybe it's because I am just getting old that I have lost the joy of watching racing when there are so many fatalities. Justifying the enjoyment at the expense of horses being killed or injured I am finding more and more difficult. 3 horses lost their lives at Hexham yesterday yet not a mention in the racing press to my knowledge as it wasn't a big race so the public presumably wouldn't be interested. If there had been 3 horse fatalities in The National there would have been a huge outcry. No mention that I can see on here? Double standards or what? I will never attend a race meeting again, the price paid by the horses is too great for me.

Visit site
Maybe it's because I am just getting old that I have lost the joy of watching racing when there are so many fatalities. Justifying the enjoyment at the expense of horses being killed or injured I am finding more and more difficult. 3 horses lost their lives at Hexham yesterday yet not a mention in the racing press to my knowledge as it wasn't a big race so the public presumably wouldn't be interested. If there had been 3 horse fatalities in The National there would have been a huge outcry. No mention that I can see on here? Double standards or what? I will never attend a race meeting again, the price paid by the horses is too great for me.

This is what Peta and the rspca and things don't care about. Bog standard race meetings because it isn't on national tv. It doesn't make the papers or make them money.

Hexham yesterday was a very bad day at the office for racing. They haven't had a fatality there for a few years and then 3 come along on the space of an hour. There was no reason other than sheer bad luck. The ground was lovely good jumping ground- not quick, not soggy or deep but just about perfect. One thing Hexham does do is look after the track itself very well!

Omg ... I've just realised I am sticking up for Hexham ... I must have had a bang on the head! I hate the place to work at! It gives me shin splints! But that has nothing at all to do with the track or it's maintenance!