grand prix on horse and country... free livestream

Kahlua

Visit site
Hopefully they replay it later as sadly the livestream hasn’t worked at all in the first hour. Technology at its finest ?

Kahlua

Visit site
I’ve just tried on my MacBook and it’s working very well there but still wouldn’t load on my phone. I was about to give up ?

They’ve said free replay from Wednesday.

Kahlua

Visit site
It has worked on chrome on laptop but wouldn't work on the app on the tv. Glad it is now going to be free to watch!
None of the app versions of it seem to be working, which is an issue of capability from the H&C end - having worked in live streaming equestrian events previously, they’ve really let themselves down with their lack of communication to people. I kept trying on my phone as I didn’t realise people were having success on their laptops so a bit frustrating to have missed the first 3 hours but I appreciate it’s being shown for free and will watch the other tests on Wednesday.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
mine wasnt too bad, just a few blips but i was using my laptop as couldnt get it to load on the tv....hopefully it will load for the freestyle tomorrow.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
None of the app versions of it seem to be working, which is an issue of capability from the H&C end - having worked in live streaming equestrian events previously, they’ve really let themselves down with their lack of communication to people. I kept trying on my phone as I didn’t realise people were having success on their laptops so a bit frustrating to have missed the first 3 hours but I appreciate it’s being shown for free and will watch the other tests on Wednesday.
It was nice it was free, but there are plenty of other streaming services that do free streams that are so much better! FEI tv often does free streams through YouTube and Facebook live and that works really well. I'm not sure why H&C is always so bad. The cynical part of me thinks it is so you will pay the subscription fee to watch it on replay.....

TheMule

Visit site
H&C recorded content always works well, but their live streams are notoriously dreadful. I love the ease, simplicity and shear selection on offer through ClipMyHorse, it absolutely blows H&C out the water

Kahlua

Visit site
It was nice it was free, but there are plenty of other streaming services that do free streams that are so much better! FEI tv often does free streams through YouTube and Facebook live and that works really well. I'm not sure why H&C is always so bad. The cynical part of me thinks it is so you will pay the subscription fee to watch it on replay.....
Having been on the other side of a live stream I can tell you with 100% certainty that you can’t actually affect how good the quality is of a stream to try and make people pay for a service, a poor quality stream is always directly reflective of the local internet at the site you’re streaming from, the issues with H&C today would have been technical capabilities - meaning they hadn’t made sure they could stream across any and all platforms! We used to test days and hours before a stream was to commence on all platforms, sometimes our stream would drop during a feed but a simple reboot would have things sorted within 5 minutes. Not ideal but our service was free all the time so people were for the most part understanding. The boxes we used to create an internet connection to the set up would also show you the levels, so you could see if things were starting to get a bit slow and do a quick reboot in an ad break, to try and minimize disruption. H&C alongside BD completely flubbed up not communicating with their viewers, their generic response of “some people are having issues” was quite literally the worst thing they could have done. And you’re spot on - they could have switched to filming it from someone’s phone on FB live and it would’ve been about the same quality as what I watched in the final half.

Coincidentally FEI TV announced today they would be merging with ClipMyHorse, hopefully it gets used more here! And then the next step would be to give the judges the iPad scoring system so we can can live scores with each movements or do you think that might be pushing it ??

TheMule

Visit site
Having been on the other side of a live stream I can tell you with 100% certainty that you can’t actually affect how good the quality is of a stream to try and make people pay for a service, a poor quality stream is always directly reflective of the local internet at the site you’re streaming from, the issues with H&C today would have been technical capabilities - meaning they hadn’t made sure they could stream across any and all platforms! We used to test days and hours before a stream was to commence on all platforms, sometimes our stream would drop during a feed but a simple reboot would have things sorted within 5 minutes. Not ideal but our service was free all the time so people were for the most part understanding. The boxes we used to create an internet connection to the set up would also show you the levels, so you could see if things were starting to get a bit slow and do a quick reboot in an ad break, to try and minimize disruption. H&C alongside BD completely flubbed up not communicating with their viewers, their generic response of “some people are having issues” was quite literally the worst thing they could have done. And you’re spot on - they could have switched to filming it from someone’s phone on FB live and it would’ve been about the same quality as what I watched in the final half.

Coincidentally FEI TV announced today they would be merging with ClipMyHorse, hopefully it gets used more here! And then the next step would be to give the judges the iPad scoring system so we can can live scores with each movements or do you think that might be pushing it ??

ClipMyHorse streamed 3 days of showjumping from the same venue in the days immediately preceding this. There was not one single technical issue that I observed.

ihatework

Visit site
H&C seems to always have issues. Feels wrong to complain when it’s a free livestream but it used to pee me right off when I was paying - which I refuse to do anymore.

I’m just praying they don’t get awarded Badminton contract

TheMule

Visit site
H&C seems to always have issues. Feels wrong to complain when it’s a free livestream but it used to pee me right off when I was paying - which I refuse to do anymore.

I’m just praying they don’t get awarded Badminton contract

Me too- unfortunately they’re probably the obvious choice. I made my feelings quite clear on the survey they sent out, but I fear we may all be cursing H&C in May

Kahlua

Visit site
ClipMyHorse streamed 3 days of showjumping from the same venue in the days immediately preceding this. There was not one single technical issue that I observed.
Yes CMH are a very professional outfit and will have made sure that their stream was working across all platforms. I had had a champs last night so rambled a bit in that post and lost my point, which was that I don’t believe the issue with H&C was with any signal at the venue, rather that they hadn’t made sure the stream was available across multiple platforms so that is a technical issue, rather than a signal issue. Will see how it all goes today! I’m sure after yesterday’s embarrassment they’ll have checked for today ? I’m certainly not purchasing a subscription from them any time soon.