Grass glands.

Schollym

Visit site
I have a rising 6 year old who has been reacting to something in her field and is coming in with her neck swollen, it is down in the morning but her breathing gets noisy and work is limited ( which she desperately needs as she is a very good doer).
Any suggested supplement? I have an older one who will break out in hives if you look at her and is on fight back and antihistamines but and scared to change as I don’t want her to have an episode as it requires vets and steroids shots, but fightback is very expensive and the reaction is different.

humblepie

Visit site
I had one who had a really bad reaction in one field - like yours he needed steroid tablets but was okay when moved fields. At his next yard he would come in with the glands quite well up at various times of the year but not enough to affect work, although I would generally ride when he hadn't been out. I don't have any bright ideas though - sorry.

Schollym

Visit site
I had one who had a really bad reaction in one field - like yours he needed steroid tablets but was okay when moved fields. At his next yard he would come in with the glands quite well up at various times of the year but not enough to affect work, although I would generally ride when he hadn't been out. I don't have any bright ideas though - sorry.
Thank you anyway, we have had issues over the years at different places but this is much more pronounced.