Grass livery, Bucks

chaps89

Visit site
This will be a bit of a long shot but figured it doesn't hurt to post.

After my mare was pts I kept hold of her companion and moved him to a lovely yard. However his field companion there has unfortunately been moved.
He's a sociable soul and would benefit from a companion (there are other horses in surrounding fields) but I can't really justify the cost of a second one as a pet.

Therefore I'm wondering if anyone is looking to turn their horse away (to recuperate) or retire on a low cost basis where we could help each other out.
The livery cost is minimal, £75 pcm (and yard owner would require a reference) then it would be standard care costs e.g. feet trim, worm count/worm and hay on top.

I'd be more than happy to provide full care (daily checks, hold for farrier/vet, regular groom, poo pick, rug changes, fly spray etc etc) free of charge in return. I've had horses for years and can provide references if required.

To share approx 1.5/2 acres of well draining grazing and 2 field shelters with 1 x 12hh gelding. He's happily shared with mares and geldings before. Would possibly suit a good doer and nothing too big/chunky.

Womble 64

New User
Visit site
Hi

Where are you based I might be interested. I have an old gelding 31 ish. Lovely kind but don’t want him far from me.

chaps89

Visit site
I have had a lovely ladies Welsh A all summer but she has been able to rent her own land so requires him back so space now available again from early December
YO has requested nothing ancient (over early 20s) and based on experience this summer must be a good doer and not over 14.2hh and then it works well for all involved :)
Current lady would recommend highly