Grass livery prices?

DaisyDoll

Visit site
Never having kept a pony on grass livery before I'm not too sure how much it usually costs.

Full livery (no riding) at my yard is £320 per month. This includes feed (chaff and beet) , straw, hay etc. There is a school but my pony only hacks so I rarely use it.

We've decided to put my girl on grass livery for the next few months since I have exams and won't be riding much. This basically means that she is out 24/7 in a 20 acre field with 2 others. The YO checks them twice a day to change rugs and check them over. They are fed in the field and this is included. I also walk up once a day to check them, give carrots etc :)

We are being charged £200 a month for this including feed as before.
I got a text today though saying that I need to bring £20 up as a round bale has been put in for them.

Does this sound like a fair price to you?

(I am in Glasgow)

:)

welshcobmad

Visit site
Yikes, mines not on grass but my friends are & she pays £10 a week plus an extra £10 towards hay that's being put out in the field. It's a 20 acre field shared between 8 others. Yard owner checks daily & changes rugs if needed but doesn't feed. So £80 a month total - south wales

fidleyspromise

Visit site
So £50 a week.

At my yard that would be: £12 p/w
£10.50 p/w to check twice daily (£0.75 per check/rug change)
£10.50 p/w to feed (£0.75 per feed if fed twice a day)

So, £33 per week - plus you have your feed included.
How much does your horse get fed?

I would have said there's no way i'd pay this, but I'm looking at other possibilities and I may end up paying similar to this - for my piece of mind.

ABC

Visit site
At my old yard grass livery was £10 a week, £1 a day for checking, changing rug and feeding. So £17 a week. In winter the owners would take it turns to pay for a bale so every 7 weeks you'd have to pay for a bale, around £25 :)

Millie82

Visit site
At my yard DIY grass livery is £130 a month. It includes hay in the winter months. Good hacking but sandschool floods in winter. You pay for your own feed and have to go up to do your own feeds, put your hay out poo pick etc. I personally think it is very pricey considering the sandschool is unusable for several months. Im in Kent.

DaisyDoll

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, seems it is very pricey as I thought, but don't think theres anything I can do about it and I don't want to move her :(
She is a 14.2hh average appaloosa mare so isn't fed a great deal, about 2 scoops of chaff a day with some beet. She is also on cortaflex so proving to be a very expensive girl :/

vallin

Visit site
i pay £25 a week including all hay and hayledge, but it's DIY. What your getting is effectively full grass livery for which I think the price is right, though I wouldn't expect to pay for hay on top of that, and tbh 20acres for 3 horses? Don't really see why they need hay as well tbh...

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
I pay £110 a month, includes ad lib hay (and for my shire boy thats a lot) and all food. Also includes poo picking, changing rugs etc etc so it is full grass livery the same as your pony, for almost half the price! And I am in the expensive south east! So yes, it is expensive (I think mine is good value!)

x0grace0x

Visit site
When i had my horses on grass livery it was £70 a month (£17.50 p/w per horse) which included being checked twice a day, rugs and fed if needed. I'm now at another yard on assisted diy with indoor school and am paying £165 a month, and im in farnham :) Seems like your paying loads for grass livery.

Ella19

Visit site
Had you been in surrey I would have said that is good however you are not. For same stuff except ours includes hay, I pay £245 per month.