Grass Livery Prices

MonkeyTheNF

Visit site
Hi just curious about how much you pay for grass livery with use of facilities. We are looking to get a project in the summer to bring on and grass livery at the yard we're at is £110! This is with use of two schools,lunge pen and some hacking. Is this just slightly pricey or not?

Leo Walker

Visit site
Its dirt cheap! I pay £25 a week for 24/7 turnout on a working farm. No real electric, no school etc. I paid £42 a week for grass livery on a yard like you have

TheMule

Visit site
£110/ week would be pricey eithout exercise, £110/ month is dirt cheap. I pay £25 for just grass, no facilities, very well managed, huge acerage per horse

MonkeyTheNF

Visit site
Okay thanks all it has been a while since we had horses on grass livery with use of facilities on a yard like the one we are on. Things have definitely changed! We used to pay something like £60 with hay provided! Definitlely best place to be for a project as well. Thanks again

whiteflower

Visit site
Okay thanks all it has been a while since we had horses on grass livery with use of facilities on a yard like the one we are on. Things have definitely changed! We used to pay something like £60 with hay provided! Definitlely best place to be for a project as well. Thanks again
£60 is what I used to pay 30 years ago with no hay included !

MonkeyTheNF

Visit site
£60 is what I used to pay 30 years ago with no hay included !
Yes we were very lucky. It was a lovely lady who used to compete with my mum and her partner. They had their own private yard where they trained young horses before selling them for nearly 10 years before they sold up and moved to America. They used to buy hay in bulk and were very generous for letting us have as much as we needed for free.

timbobs

Visit site
I was paying £350 per month inc. haylage, feeds and all care excluding riding.

Good facilities and fantastic hacking.

In the south east near London though.

Sarahs83

Visit site
£30 a week for 4 acres, that’s between me and a friend, no facilities but it’s literally two fields behind someone’s house, and it’s only from April till the weather turns plus we had to fence it

Chihuahua

Visit site
I'm in the south, pay £60/month including hay when it snows and use of two schools. Assistance and stabling available for extra. Appreciate that it's a rare find! For the same thing another local yard charges £80/month. That's all DIY but no poo picking as field is massive (10 horses on 33 acres), gets harrowed once a year I think.

ETA - also have storage in a locked tack room.

Summit

Visit site
£75 per month. Tackroom, barn, electric. Working farm and a 5 minute walk from home which is the best bit :)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I'm a YO and offer "DIY grass livery". This is strictly DIY, I don't handle anyone else's horses at all, tho' in an emergency like vet or when there's snow on the ground I'll do what's needed, when needed.

Livery has her own dedicated field which is about 4 acres (I keep my horses in another field so no mixing), and is given freedom to sub-divide it as she chooses (there is one wooden fence already in situ). She may also use part of this for an arena/jumps if she wants to. She buys all her own fodder and bedding, I don't supply any.

She also has a loose-box for each horse, plenty room to store hay inside under cover, a shared open area/yard & tying-up point for grooming, saddling up etc., and she parks her lorry here (no charge).

I do all maintenance.

She has two horses and pays £100 p.c.m.

There is good access here for local events/shows, with some good venues within easy striking distance. Hacking is mainly road-work, but there IS a good bridlepath which is usable for 12 months of the year for a quick (very quick!) canter. Hacking can all be done in circular routes, anything from quick 20 mins trot round the block to about an hour, or more. To hack to local common is a 3-hr round-trip, but we've done it.

This is in Devon.

JJS

Visit site
Its dirt cheap! I pay £25 a week for 24/7 turnout on a working farm. No real electric, no school etc. I paid £42 a week for grass livery on a yard like you have

I pay the same as LW, but have access to electric, plus the use of both an indoor and outdoor school. Ad-lib hay in the field is also included in that price.