Grass pellets

Squeak

Visit site
I'm not sure if they're the lowest in sugar and highest in starch but I really value that Emerald Green grow all the grass themselves and it's fully traceable and fully under their control.

One of the feed companies (maybe more) import in from other countries which doesn't make sense to me for the horse or the environment.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site

They have a couple of different grass pellets but I like these as they are alfalfa free.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
All I will say about Grass Pellets is PLEASE if you have elderly horses or equines with any dental issues then do not feed them dry, or even only lightly damped, as have seen two horses on two separate occasions choke on them.

The second occasion the vet had to be called.

Just highlighting.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
All I will say about Grass Pellets is PLEASE if you have elderly horses or equines with any dental issues then do not feed them dry, or even only lightly damped, as have seen two horses on two separate occasions choke on them.

The second occasion the vet had to be called.

Just highlighting.

I've seen a 4 year old choke on them, the stable was sprayed green. Please don't ever feed them dry.

pistolpete

Visit site
I’ve never fed them dry. My pony colicked after being fed a dry weisencob from agrobs. Ended up having surgery and was never the same. Ever since I’ve always been wary of dry pelleted food. Going to give soaked sanfoin from simple systems. Lowest sugar I can find.

rextherobber

Visit site
I’ve never fed them dry. My pony colicked after being fed a dry weisencob from agrobs. Ended up having surgery and was never the same. Ever since I’ve always been wary of dry pelleted food. Going to give soaked sanfoin from simple systems. Lowest sugar I can find.
I feed these, they are very palatable, even the fussy one hasn't got bored of them.