Gray Appeal Rejected

BBH

Visit site
Fantastic result.

I hope the proceeds of the farm go to pay the costs of brining it to trial and the costs of caring for the seized horses.

spaniel

Visit site
Very interested to see if the sentence and fine are now increased.

With Spindles on the market for 2m Im hoping he has to pay not only the original 400,000 but also costs which amount to over 1m.

shoeey

Visit site
Yes it's a hell of a cost and hassle to have gone through just for him to spend three months in jail and then swan off to Spain or whatever

Steeleydan

Visit site
Would love to know who buys the place, bet it needs another million spending on it to get it tidy, who knows what they will dig up.
Would love to see one of those home tv shows, make a programme about it, going through the stages of been "done up"

LCobby

Visit site
The bail condition have been tightened
from Bucks Free Press today
"James senior's bail conditions ban him from being within 100 yards of any horse or equine, being at any stable, being at any horse fair and from keeping horses. He is also subject to a curfew between 11pm and 5am and has surrendered his passport. "

The original sentence of six months is the maximum custodial for the Animal Welfare offence, so cannot be increased, however mch the Summary Court may wish to.

It seems that the Act lacks the teeth to deal with cases where the severaity shloud indicate a Jury trial ( instead of a Summary Court) and more freedon for the Judge in sentencing options.

stormybracken

Visit site
Good News! Doesn't sound much considering the huge amount of suffering, and time and money (and tears!) spent by everyone and anyone involved, but is probably as much as our laws allow.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
"James senior's bail conditions ban him from being within 100 yards of any horse or equine, being at any stable, being at any horse fair and from keeping horses. "

I wonder if they'll get him for breaking these parts...

rascal

Visit site
Im so pleased they didnt get away with it, but i still think its not nearly enough for the suffering they caused. At least now the horses futures are secure.

Spudlet

Visit site
Im so pleased they didnt get away with it, but i still think its not nearly enough for the suffering they caused. At least now the horses futures are secure.

Not yet - this was the appeal against verdict, but the appeal against sentence is still to be decided. Hopefully that will result in a Deprivation Order being granted and the horses will at last be safe.

cariad

Visit site
Have we all noticed the absence of whoever it was did all those postings in support of Mr Gray initially - it started as myjack- and then went to someone whose name I can't remember- in the appeal procedure? I do appreciate I may be stirring something up, but that is not the intention. Just very quiet after all the fuss that went before.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Have we all noticed the absence of whoever it was did all those postings in support of Mr Gray initially - it started as myjack- and then went to someone whose name I can't remember- in the appeal procedure? I do appreciate I may be stirring something up, but that is not the intention. Just very quiet after all the fuss that went before.

Funny that - I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Paddywhack

Visit site
Patty ...and a few other members :)

ABCDEF

New User
Visit site
ABDCEF aka MyJack & Patty.

As promised from day one everything members here at H&H have asked for WILL be provided yet until we know where JG is this will not be possible.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site

As promised from day one everything members here at H&H have asked for WILL be provided yet until we know where JG is this will not be possible.

oh for flips sake not again, .... *hello user ignore.. *

Paddywhack

Visit site

You have had 27 months to "prove" your case,since this has not been done,And don't use his absence as an excuse,why don't you go back under that stone where you have been for the last year and stay there ?? And while you are under there why don't you tell J.G to come out and face the music,he can't hide forever..
If you don't want to do the time don't do the crime...I am now joining JHoward and placing ABCDEF on ignore :)