Grazing muzzle - it’s that time again

Old Speckled Hen

Visit site
So Chunk is becoming well ... chunky.
It’s been dry so far this year, but that bit of rain on Monday and whoosh her crest has developed in the last couple of days yikes.

i know she needs her muzzle on, what stopping me is the grass length! The field looks bare, I know it’s not but still.

Tell me I need to woman up and turnout with the muzzle and that she’ll find grass to eat...

freaking horses ??

Bernster

Visit site
Ah. Finnegan’s goes on early as soon as the grass comes up. He’s had his on since March. However with other diet steps means he’s now looking better so it’s just on for alternate days. I don’t like them but they are necessary. It’s a green guard which has bigger holes.

sherry90

Visit site
Mines coming out at the weekend too. He looks good at the moment and I’d like to keep it that way - he doesn’t know it’s going on (obviously) but I feel bad already ?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My two have been in theirs for 2 weeks already and are on very short grass which is actually worse because of all the sugar, hence why they are wearing them. Both are slim but one is EMS and the other had laminitis last year and although I can feel their ribs the risk just isn’t worth it so yes you need to woman up and get chunk in hers. For crests salt and magnesium can help to soften them.