grazing muzzle

benson21

Visit site
Which is the best grazing muzzle? Trying to be prepared and get one for my sec.B before the grass comes through!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
dinkys are good if they don't eat through them ;)
we stuck with a shires deluxe in the end, worn over night, one extra bit of fluff on the join between muzzle and throatlash and no rubbing.
I wouldn't personally use a greeguard due to rubbing and they have been attributed to enamel wear on teeth.

Visit site
The shires ones with the sheepskin are my go to but my local store doesn't stock anything else. :(
Still, I like them, but the new forest has worked out how to get out of hers, so that's just something to be aware of if you've got a greedy native lol. (Though I'm convinced the shitland plays a role in these Great Grazing Muzzle Escapes because if you separate them the muzzle stays firmly in place ;) ).

DirectorFury

Visit site
Dinky worked for us, though (as ester said) they do have to be replaced every few months due to the horse eating through them eventually!
Shires didn't work at all, mine couldn't figure out how to eat through the tiny hole.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
once he'd had the dinky frank seemed to work out the shires hole pretty quick (the dinky took training, and a sacrificial one first, then he ate the second in a month :p).
Given his teeth/jaw issues I'm hoping just tracking will be enough this year as don't want to muzzle.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Muzzles do not work for my boy as he has them off within 5 minutes or less, turning out for 2 1/2 hrs then in 3 hrs then out 2 1/2 seems to work for him.

Rosie'smum

Visit site
My mare will only tolerate green guard muzzles. They have been a big help even over the winter. She has lost a good amount of weight and difinitly put it down to this helping.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I rotate between Dinkys (which aren't very restrictive but nice for them in wet/hot weather I feel) and Shires or Best Friend. The Best Friends are expensive but the best made IMO. I wont use a greenguard.