Grazing Muzzles

lauraanddolly

Visit site
I have been wondering about getting one of these for my mare for a while now - and due to work commitments she is going to have to stay out more than normal this summer.
So I was thinking that muzzling her during the day may help me control her weight a bit easier.
Having never used one before I'm really not sure which one to get!
I like the design of the greenguard ones, and a couple of people on my yard use them with success, but I was wondering what other people use ?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Can't remember the name of Little Lad's, but it attaches to a normal headcollar at four points. Despite much trying on his behalf, he can't get it off
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We use Greenguard on our horses. Getting the initial correct fit may take a little time but once that's done the horse gets sufficient grass but not too much. The design of the slotted holes allows sufficient grass unlike the silly tiny round hole in the bottom of many of the 'bucket' shaped muzzels.
smile.gif

eoe

Visit site
The Greenguard Grazing Muzzles are the best, my big Irish has been using his all year round for nearly 7 years and although they are the most expensive they do allow the horse to get the grass but do limit how much they can eat, i normally put a sheepskin noseband cover over the nose as the horses do tend to try and rub them off in the first few weeks. The bucket ones with the little holes are not really very good.

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
I have the shire's one which is sort of webbing sides to let air through and then a plastic bottom with a hole. It was the only one we could get to fit our section b. She doesn't wear it all the time though - she's in a starvation paddock during the day and wears it at night when I put her back in the big field.