Great Boxing Day Sales Thread!

Kunoichi73

Visit site
I want a pair of long boots. Unfortunately the DeNiro ones that fit me best are unlikely to be in the sales. ?

I'm also considering buying a second pair of Harry Hall softshell breeches. I bought a pair in the black Friday sales and they are very nice. I don't actually need a second pair. I only ride once or twice a week, but I do want to go on riding holidays at some point and they'd be good for cooler climate stuff. I could do with a pair of winter gloves but I need to try them on in person as I have relatively wide hands to short fingers.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
BH looking very smart!
Why, thank you, he has been having a few months on holiday as he was backed and ridden away in 2020, and had been in increasing work since. His hollies are over now, we are on walk-hack work now. He is managing barefoot so well, I am considering leaving him so and seeing how we go, with boots for longer hacks. He is still in his winter woolies, can't decide whether to clip or simply keep it slow until he changes coat.

I hasten to add, the rug is a 100g and I don't usually use the neck. It was to show Mr Red how appreciative I am!

Super rug, I really rate them and a gift at this price!

Arzada

Visit site
I hasten to add, the rug is a 100g and I don't usually use the neck. It was to show Mr Red how appreciative I am!

Super rug, I really rate them and a gift at this price!
Thanks Red-1. Our Rambo leaked last week (made the mistake a few years back of a professional wash and it has never been quite the same as before the wash) so I am looking at replacing. Stunned by the current price! On your recommendation I think I'll go for the Rhino.

Red-1

Visit site
Thanks Red-1. Our Rambo leaked last week (made the mistake a few years back of a professional wash and it has never been quite the same as before the wash) so I am looking at replacing. Stunned by the current price! On your recommendation I think I'll go for the Rhino.
I've had the previous Rhino about 16 years and it doesn't leak. I never 'clean' them though. They never go into the stable so never get poo or pee on them. If they are clagged with mud, I hose them off when still on the horse. If the inner is very greasy, I will wipe with a damp cloth. Never any hot water or chemicals. I use stable rugs that do get cleaned regularly in the actual stable as I find it is the stable ones that get yakky!

Sadly, BH has grown from a 6'3 to a 6'6... He was managing with the 6'3 but then I saw this one in the sales and couldn't resist a 'hint' to Mr Red!

Red-1

Visit site
How to the rhinos compare to the Rambos?
The material feels slightly lighter I think, but they have performed the same as the two Rambos I have had. I find the sizing etc to be the same.

I now buy Rhinos for the cost, as I haven't found a down side.

They are still waterproof because of a membrane within the material, as opposed to cheaper rugs' coating, which only lasts a season or two.

HashRouge

Visit site
We got this before Christmas, in fact it is Mr Red's Xmas present to BH...

HORSEWARE RHINO PLUS 100G TURNOUT RUG LITE WEIGHT TURN OUT **SALE** RRP £205 | eBay

Less than half price! Bargain and the brand I always go to.

In fact, here is BH, resplendent in the rug this morning!

View attachment 104882
I've been keeping an eye on these rugs - it's what my little mare will be getting if her new Weatherbeeta doesn't fit (the 5'9" was too big, so we'll see how the 5'6" does).

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Thought I would pop this up for any good deals spotted!
What is everyone looking for this year?
I always used to go on John Lewis on boxing Day to look at hampers but they don't have any left over the last couple of years - must have started being a lot more careful about stock levels.
Sorry - you meant horsey stuff! I'm looking for some decent gloves too!

asmp

Visit site
I've been keeping an eye on these rugs - it's what my little mare will be getting if her new Weatherbeeta doesn't fit (the 5'9" was too big, so we'll see how the 5'6" does).
I recently bought one of the Rhinos. Love the rug but was surprised that the sizing wasn’t very generous. It only just fits.