Great dressage lesson

Mule

Visit site
Had a brilliant dressage lesson yesterday. I discovered impulsion! I got the horse really forward as well as balanced. The instructor taught me different exercises to get his hind legs under him. She was great to explain things.

He felt lovely to ride and I'd no idea how massive his trot could be :eek: I hadn't him really forward before. I thought I had but I definitely hadn't. It felt like a rocket launching into space! He wasn't just going forward he was going up and forward.

He's a big, strong horse anyway but this felt like he could power over a 6 foot wall if it was in front of him! God help me if he discovers this newfound power on a xc course:eek3:

I'm going to ride later and see if I can replicate it.

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
Sounds great. I remember finding my horses true trot in a lesson, I thought I was going to knock myself out with my boobs...

I know, I couldn't believe it! I had no idea he had that in him. I loved it. I have no idea how dressage people sit to that movement.

rachk89

Visit site
God yeah it's a bit scary when you first feel how your horse goes when they are moving correctly. I had mine trotting correctly, could barely hold it together and my instructor went 'now that's a proper working trot'. I was left thinking, you mean there's gonna have to be MORE energy for medium and extended?! I can't ride those if that's the case. :p