Great Find

The_Yank

New User
Visit site
So, as my Log in says I am a Yank... which is why finding a Harris Tweed Caldene wool hunt coat that fits like it was made for me at my local tack consignement was a huge deal to me. Now it had 2 small and one .6-.8 cm holes in it (darn moths), so it is off at the cleaners and taliors getting fixed up. I know it is vintage, but I am interested in seeing what decade... I am thinking "60's". I wasn't smart enough to take a photo of the tags before leaving it. Is there anywhere I can find photos of vintage tags? (I will, I promise get photos to the tags to post).

Thanks in advance,
The Yank!

Last edited:

Ollie's Mum

Visit site
Try Googling for sites selling vintage hunt clothing and see if you can see someone selling a jacket that looks like yours - or can you describe the tags if you can't get a picture up?

k9h

Visit site
I know someone who works at Harris tweed!!... Send us a pick & will ask them for you!

The_Yank

New User
Visit site
Thanks in advance for any help!:D

The label:

picture.php

The Harris Tweed Tag (the number is sewn into the lining, sorry on the side):

picture.php

The weave pattern:

picture.php

Me wearing it (pardon my goofy smile, I was pretty darn happy):

picture.php

The_Yank

New User
Visit site
Gorgeous ponio and WOW what a trailer !!!!!

Nice jacket too :D

The trailer and pony were not with our group, it was a huge meet. That was actually a "cheap farm (3 horse slant)" rig compared to "some" :rolleyes: (not mine) that showed up. Mine is a nice little bumper pull with the same size truck... big enough to go, but not so big the entire barn comes too... :p