Green grass envy?

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I am not an envious person but I am starting to look into every field I drive past and comparing them to mine. When they are lovely and green and have obviously not had horses careering around them all winter I can feel the green eyed monster coming to the fore. I am driving my OH mad by passing comment on every beautiful mud free green field and saying how I wish ours looked like that. Any body else with this dreadful problem??:rolleyes:

heebiejeebies

Visit site
Haha I do the exact same! I thought I was being clever last week fencing off the slurry pit of a gate area in my field and using the other gate... now I have two slurry pits :(

kerrieberry2

Visit site
omg this is so me!

there is a scabby yard down the road from me, with the tiniest fields I've ever seen, only sectioned off with low electric tape! I always drive passed and say I'd never keep my horses there! now their summer fields are all nice and rested and looking green!

we've had a few herd issues, so all 4 of our fields have been trashed this winter! we don't have any green in sight! its brown, brown, brown everywhere! I can't believe im envious of that horrible yard down the road haha!

roll on some dry weather!

LynH

Visit site
I have 6 acres split into 4 fields, the bottom two are currently being trashed by the digger and lorries putting in my arena. The horses are in the top two fields trashing the fence line and the area in front of the field shelter.
The area around the arena is only going to get worse before it gets better as I have a mountain of topsoil to be spread over the remaining grass and I'm having a small yard built in the field nearest the house so that will continue to get trashed for a few more weeks. Our driveway gave way under the lorries delivering stone for the arena so the arena build has come to a rapid halt whilst the old driveway is dug out and replaced. It's all just a big depressing mud pit and the dog just keeps traipsing it into the kitchen so I'm constantly mopping mud off the kitchen floor. I can honestly say I'm sick of mud atm.

Bennions Field

Visit site
Me too! I thought I'd manage this winter having completely rested all my 4 acres this summer, I rented an 8 acre field up the road and grazed half and had hay off the other, so hoped my field would get less of a hammering, but the wet has finally wrecked all my own 4 acres, it's a sea of mud and even the stoned gateway is under 6" of slurry :(. Surely it has to dry up sometime ?????

blacksabbeth

Visit site
Yep I did exactly this.But I have near enough given up,i got one field which is reasonable,another that is ok but slurry from gate way half way out in field and the field I got my mud monsters on now I may as well hire out for naked mud fighting lol.But gonna section off tomorrow to save as much as I can and keep my colt under supervision when he decides to have a burn up like a boy racer as he does,the rat bag.But im on the hopeful side as spring around the corner,so with rolling,harrowing and reseeding my side field as I call it should fingers crossed recover. ;)

Hippona

Visit site
I have kept my horses in a trash paddock since december....its totally trashed...churned up, no grass...soggy in the gateway. My other two paddocks are lovely and green an rested....no mud. Just waiting for them to dry out a little....will put the horses back in there in march probably and tackle the trash paddock clear up. ..