Green Guard muzzles--different designs

HoHum

Visit site
I've been looking to get one second hand in preparation for grass flush. I have noticed there are two different styles.. greenguard-headcollar-for-muzzle-63-L1.jpg this one which is less plastic, less wrap around than this style s-l400.jpg. Is the first one an old design, does it work as well as second more box like one please?
I'm hoping it'll only be a short term solution but still want him to be comfortable and most research I've done indicates green guard are a good option.

HoHum

Visit site
Thank you, found one that looks like the first design on eBay, but said to fit a 15.2. May take a punt on it, if its right price

eggs

Visit site
The top onewas the original design. I have a couple which must be at least 15 years old. One was used on a 17.1 horse.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Thank you, found one that looks like the first design on eBay, but said to fit a 15.2. May take a punt on it, if its right price

I remember them and it's really small, more for a little pony, think welsh section A. It's not supposed to touch like it does in the picture.

At the time, they came in small and large The large size which I bought fits a tb nicely but wasn't really big enough on a larger head, tried it on a friend's cob and too tight. Later they changed and the newer ones now all use the square design but come in 3 sizes, pony, cob and horse, the horse size being bigger than the large I had.

Rosie'smum

Visit site
The first picture was the old style. They work well imo but I did need to put some twine in each corner as they can get their noses out of it, hence why they changed the design for the picture on the right. I've used both and Green Guard has been the only muzzle mine happily put her head into and only if i haven't got the positioning just right does she get it off as its annoying her, any other time she is absolutely fine with it.
Only changed to the new design as the old was a softer material and she ate through it eventually, although the same is happening to the new one but has taken longer.

Hope this helps.