Green Lipped Mussels

steffielu

Visit site
my sister has just done a degree in equine science, and said all her lecturers raved about GLM as the best thing for horses. Think its in Nupafeed Joint Concentrate, not seen it anywhere else tho..

Tia

Visit site
My old collie has raw Green Lipped Mussels for her arthritis (they have to be raw to do any good) - she is terrific and barely shows signs of her arthritis anymore.....however I would not use it for horses - horses are herbivores...........

pfarrugia

Visit site
I have used them on my neddy with great effects. Also did my thesis on their use in horses!

They are great and work just as well - if not better than some joint supplements. They have just as good effects on horses as they do on dogs.
smile.gif

pfarrugia

Visit site
You don't need to feed raw muscles! There is a product called lyproflex which is GLM in tablet form. They also do a topical gel! I got them from www.omninutra.co.uk. or call 01353 654111. They are £20 for a 40 day supply so not too expensive either. My boy thrives on them. Better than any joint supplement i've tried.
cool.gif

monstermunch

Visit site
I find this all fascinating. It's a new one to me too. All this info is very useful. Does anyone know if many studies have been done on it?

Theresa_F

Visit site
Thanks, I had visions of Cairo sitting down to a plate of mussels in garlic and white wine sauce
grin.gif

Seriously, at the moment the corta-flx is working, but I do like to keep my options open.

Fairynuff

Visit site
My Mum bought them for me and rammed them down my throat by the ton(at great expense). Ive got R Arthritis and to be honest all they did was give me smelly burps for about an hour afterwards. Wasnt impressed and wouldnt take them again-much prefer Devils Claw. Mairi.

jamesc

New User
Visit site
Just saw someone say they have ordered some Green mussel tablets from www.Maxavita.com I did the same thing last month after my mare went lame in one leg. She was already on cortaflex but it wasnt making her at all comfortable or less stiff. They told me that the GLM from Maxavita would help with swelling and if it works it would happen very quickly.

I didnt beleive it but 10 days later no more swelling and she is sound that was 40 days ago! Ive now stopped cortaflex and I dont even have to use bute anymore.

Never believed in Devils Claw and Im starting to question what Glucosamine ever did for my animal if anything at all???