Greetings....from my hospital bed

oldie48

Visit site
I hope your recovery goes well. I think you are lucky to have the hip replaced rather than repaired, good friend broke hers out hunting and it was plated. I'm sure she told me her recovery would have been quicker with a replacement and tbh she's quite crocked now.

Britestar

Visit site
I hope your recovery goes well. I think you are lucky to have the hip replaced rather than repaired, good friend broke hers out hunting and it was plated. I'm sure she told me her recovery would have been quicker with a replacement and tbh she's quite crocked now.

Mine was replaced this reason rather than repaired.
Too active, wanted to ride again.

Consultant said if repaired would just be back in 5 years, and at the back of the queue.

nagblagger

Visit site
Get well soon to all,
Maybe there should be a 'bionic women/man club or thread'. Metal membership required. (which i don't want to join , no offence intended.)

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Oh dear. As others have said; take the pain meds PRN, be as mobile as you can be, rest when you need rest and hopefully you will be out and about by summer time. X

cindars

Visit site
Oh had his replaced when he was 60 out of hospital in one day,painkillers exercises he did find sleeping on his back hard but was driving after 6 weeks. Good luck to you all.

neddy man

Visit site
I had my hip replaced a few years ago, (pensioner )was told by a professional sportsman who had a hip replaced to do the recovery exercises EXACTLY as instructed for best recovery, I did exactly that and could have rode 3 months later but waited 4 months till the light nights came at the end of March. One thing I found was changing from 2 crutches to 1 was the single crutch was to long or to short and I walked lopsided so I continued using 2 to keep me straight until I didn't need them anymore. You will recover sooner than you think. I know 2 people who have not recovered so well due to thinking they knew best.

Last edited:

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
I hope you're on your way through a speedy recovery.

One piece of advice I got years ago is "this too shall pass" anytime I'm going through a bad day or feel a bit overwhelmed I think that this is only temporary and it will pass.

I hope you're back on your feet in no time. Healing vibes your way. And hugs

Carlosmum

Visit site
Evening all, I saw a post the other day about people not giving updates, so I thought I would let you know how the recovery from my Hip Replacement is going. 4 half weeks in mow, doing most things for myself, can even get my sock on thanks to an Amazon purchase! I was having a lot of tummy trouble until I read the drug sheet with my Calcium supplements and found I was 1 in 1000 to get certain side effects. The nurse in hospital hadn't been very clear with her instructions, said I could take 2 tablets at once and didn't tell me not to take them with my wholemeal breakfast.
So I am walking a bit but not far yet, just pottering out to the yard to check what's going on, pony has gone to boarding school, hoping by the time I can ride again he will be fully broken and safe. Biggest PIA is boredom, I have been doing some work ( accounts), watched a lot of TV/Netflix and attempted some crafty things, but those I want to do like attacking the garden are still beyond me. Still onwards and upwards I am getting better, just need patience. Thank you for all your good wishes.

Esmae

Visit site
I can empathise with the boredom bit. I had an accident last year and my garden is carnage. I had to completely neglect it last year. Lots to do this year. Glad you are getting on well now. Think you are brave to think about riding again. I made the decision to give up.