Greys and their darn ability to stain easily!

Eleanor2003

Visit site
With summer approaching I would like to get my lovely grey back to his gleaming self! Only issue is there is a stain that I for the life of me, cannot remove ?

Now I will admit that I haven't kept ontop of keeping stains out of his coat due to unforeseen circumstances that have meant I haven't been able to visit him as much as I would like (he is on full livery so he is being looked after- however with the amount of baths it would require to keep on-top of the staining, I'm not surprised or upset they haven't kept up). He does like to have an 11am nap in his field so I know where it's from- just how to get it off!

I've done multiple washes, tried all the products in my grooming kit and it won't budge! I even got the clear fairy liquid out which on another grey I used to compete used to turn him into a Persil Advert! Am I just to assume this won't be out by the time I'm ready to compete this summer? I have attached the staining on both sides so all help and advice is much appreciated!0126BCCE-8A73-4953-9D19-21C8A6BE579B.jpegB0E7B6FD-68E7-4402-8BBF-77EC86CEC1D9.jpeg

tatty_v

Visit site
Is he clipped? Sometimes I’ve found you just have to wait for the winter coat to shed and the nice clean summer coat to come through!

Eleanor2003

Visit site
Is he clipped? Sometimes I’ve found you just have to wait for the winter coat to shed and the nice clean summer coat to come through!

No not clipped at all - I have been tempted to clip him just to get rid of the stains but after we've spent ages trying to get his body back into shedding properly (his last owner had him clipped 24/7) I don't want to redo that process ?

Visit site
I’ve used vanish soap before on a grey we had, I was a bit sceptical (it was recommended to me) but tried it (did a spot test first just to make sure there was no reaction) and it worked exceptionally well. I made sure it was very thoroughly rinsed out though.