Grooming Brushes

Shavings

Visit site
so my grooming brushes are at the end of there life.. bridles falling out, wooden handles crumbling ect

so its time i buy some new ones

any recommendations??

i own a TB who doesn't get clipped but LOVES! mud, if that helps?

WelshD

Visit site
My brushes are Borstiq, HAAS and Wahl with the odd random thrown in, different brushes bought for different attributes

All good brushes, the most used though are the HAAS ones

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm no fan of grooming and have just acquired a set of Haas brushes and have to say they are worth the money - I can get a good shiny in the time it takes to do a fairly basic groom (5-10 minutes). Not cheap but definitely worth the money.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Another vote for Haas brushes, particularly like the schimmel.

If you don't mind waiting a bit this website has quite a few reduced - www.athleteshop.co.uk

Has anyone actually bought from them? I looked up the reviews because I was really tempted by their prices and don't mind waiting a few weeks, but lots of people are saying the didn't receive their goods. There are some good reviews too, but it makes me suspicious so I didn't order.

PorkChop

Visit site
Has anyone actually bought from them? I looked up the reviews because I was really tempted by their prices and don't mind waiting a few weeks, but lots of people are saying the didn't receive their goods. There are some good reviews too, but it makes me suspicious so I didn't order.

I have just recently when I saw the prices of the Haas brushes, will let you know whether they turn up :)

shadowboy

Visit site
See I don't rate the Haas brushes- for their price they don't do anything more than my regular ones. In fact I have a lovely goat hair body brush that produces a better shine and it was only £9.99

Soldier1994

New User
Visit site
I've always just gone with the Bentley kits. Not too expensive but does a good job! If I'm in need of a super shiny horse I'll just hot cloth him, usually with a clean chamois leather! Does the treat nicely!

blodwyn1

Visit site
I ordered from athleteshop on the 22/12 and they arrived today 6/1. However I had to pay extra to pay with PayPal and the postage was high so still a saving but not much less. However all the other sites didn't have the brushes I wanted in stock so swings and roundabouts! I got 2 schimmel and 2 Mustang brushes.

Boulty

Visit site
I got a few Haas brushes for Xmas. After years of using "normal" brushes am suitably impressed. They are not magical.. like anything elbow grease is required but the wussy, brush-hating pony is a lot more tolerant of them and in particular having his face, mane and under his belly brushed compared to years of him fidgetting and generally not enjoying grooming (This is more the reason I bought them than for reasons of making him look nice tbh although yes they do make him shiny too)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I ordered from athleteshop on the 22/12 and they arrived today 6/1. However I had to pay extra to pay with PayPal and the postage was high so still a saving but not much less. However all the other sites didn't have the brushes I wanted in stock so swings and roundabouts! I got 2 schimmel and 2 Mustang brushes.

Thanks for that. Glad you got them okay.

Zoobie

Visit site
I received the haas set as a gift last year . I'm the worlds worst at grooming but have to say these are great . You don't have to buy the whole set at once if you don't want to. I really like the rubbery curry comb

pansymouse

Visit site
The consensus seems to be that Haas are great for the reluctant groomer and sensitive horse - both of which apply to me. My view is they give you better results than other brushes for the same amount of time and effort.

Alibear

Visit site
Hubby ordered the schimmel and the Lipizzaner from polished ponies as xmas presents for me. The Lipizzaner arrived in time but still waiting for the schimmel which is the one I really want. I'm hoping it will turn up soon. The Lipizzaner does bring up a good shine.

PorkChop

Visit site
As promised, an update of my order of Haas brushes from Athlete Shop :)

They have arrived, so no complaints from me. They were a great price, it was free shipping and I paid by credit card so there was no charge for that.

So, highly recommend :)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
A friend and I purchased HAAS brushes from Athleteshop the week before xmas, we shared the postage and they had everything in stock at that point so we got a good selection of brushes bewteen us for a really good price.

I've only ever used synthetic Bentley brushes before so these natural fibre HAAS ones are a revelation. With just a short amount of grooming time my geldings coat looks amazing and is so clean right down to the skin. I'm definitely a convert.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
if it helps I purchased Military, Schimmel and Diva and they have been doing an amazing job.
Ignore the different brushes for different colours they all work the same, it's just a marketing ploy by eqclusize