Grrr, YO!

Mosh

Visit site
I Want To Move Yards!!!!!!!
I let a friend borrow my stable for her NF colt to live in during the day because my TB lives out (in all this weather i know...hes rugged up to his eyeballs
laugh.gif
)
but my YO has said "you're not allowed your stable back, your horse will have to live out permanently, and if he gets an injury...its tough but i'm going to charge you for letting ***** borrow it"
Also, now he said my horse doesn't have a stable, i have no reason to be on the yard and if i want to tack up, i'll have to tie him in the car park and mount up from there, the car park is always full because everyone drives to the yard and theres about 8 of us, plus 2 horse boxes and a lorry

am I over reacting? or is my YO being a bit of a git and would anyone else move?

happyhack

Visit site
that is bang out of order, you are paying for that stable and you should be able to use it how you see fit (within reason of course) and if its not being used during the day, why cant you let someone borrow it?

MOVE MOVE MOVE

BarmyC

Visit site
Move!!

How petty is that about you not being allowed on the yard to tie up and stuff.

Maybe you should have asked her if it was ok for your friend to use the stable but even so a quiet workd in your ear would have been fine and no doubt you probably would have stopped letting your friend use it if she had told you it was a problem.

LouHardwick

Visit site
god no! as long as the stable is being paid for by someone then how can he ask you to pay also? thats ridiculous

get out of there

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
As a yard owner I would be rather annoyed if another horse was moved on to my yard and into one of my liveries stables. I insist one horse one stable - I will not allow shared stables as there is always a problem if one of the two horses needs box resting.

What is your friend doing in all this - are you sub letting - is she paying you to use your stable? If not then she needs to get her horses out and discuss the possibility of a stable with the yard owner.

The yard owner is probably overreacting - but at the end of the day it is his yard, and did you ask permission before you moved the other pony into it?

If you are not happy then you really need to think about moving , It is not acceptable to tack up in a car park and being told not to come on the yard is rather awkward

muffinino

Visit site
Was your friend with the NF already on the yard and on grass livery or something? Or were they from another yard? If this was the case then I agree with bosworth in that you were in the wrong to let that person use your stable for free, as they are not paying YO for use of facilities and if there was damage who would pay?
However I do think the YO's reaction is too much. To not let you have that stable back and ban you from the yard is unprofessional and childish. I would move as I would not like to be on the yard where this is how problems are dealt with.

SAL66

Visit site
Whilst I think the YO is being unreasonable I understand where Bosworth is coming from, and in hindsight which I know is a wonderful thing perhaps a word with the YO explaining what you wanted to do , would have made everything Ok.

However tacking up in the carpark etc, is being extremely petty and I think I would have to move yards.
Its a shame because after all you were only trying to do the right thing by your friend.

itsme123

Visit site
well, have you thought about it from YO's point of view? He rents a stable to you (this is where YO's make their money) and you let a friend borrow it. If your friend wanted use of a stable she should have rented one from YO, not you. Maybe he;'s trying to tell you to have a little respect for his buisness?

katie_southwest

Visit site
It totally depends whether your friends horse was alraedy at the yard but had no stable or if she has just moved in to your stable from somewhere else. 2 friends share a stable on my yard and it works fine, one lives out so just comes in during the day to be groomed etc and the other is out during the day and comes in overnight so its ideal. However if the lady whos stable it is needed it 24/7 for her horse then the other lady knows this and they are both happy with the arrangement. But to be banned from the yard and tack up/mount in the car park is a bit too far I think
crazy.gif

tye_bo

Visit site
I agree it depends on if the person who borrowed your stable is already on the yard as a grass livery or if they are usually stabled somewhere else. Mind you either way it does sound like a total over-reaction not allowing you on the yard now. I'd be looking to move if I were you?

muffinino

Visit site
I didn't make myself 100% clear in my post, because even if they are a grass livery they should have cleared it with the YO first. If you pay for one type of livery you shouldn't expect to get everything you would for another type.

baloo

Visit site
Same as tye_bo.
Was the NF pony already at the yard on grass livery? If not than as a yard owner I would be annoyed a strange horse was brought to the yard without consent of me first. The money wouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't make you tack up on the car park as that is petty but I would be annoyed and make the NF pony leave and give you a warning. If on the other hand it was already a grass livery than I wouldn't care but would expect to be told what was going on.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I'm sure not everyone will agree with this, but I think it is irrelevant whether the NF was originally on the yard or not. At the end of the day you arranged for someone else to use the stable you pay for, without consent from the YO. I don't know about your livery agreement but mine clearly states that the stable is for my horses use and only my horses. It is extremely unreasonable for you to expect to loan your stable to someone else when liveries are the YOs livelihood (sp?) and at the very least you should have spoken to the YO about your plans before letting your friend use your stable. In saying this I do think the YOs reaction was a little extreme, instead he should have given you a warning and got your friend to move out of the stable as at the end of the day you are the one paying for the stable. If the YO isn't willing to reconsider the situation it sounds as if you are going to have to move yards I'm afraid.

RedDevil

Visit site
Absolutely right Princess. You can't just allow someone else to use the stable without consent, so if I were YO I would be rightly cross too.

Probably petty to not allow you on the yard, but I would imagine YO is a bit peeved and had decided that you have taken liberties and is punishing you.

Having said that, you have said in previous post that you were looking to move anyway, so I would take the opportunity now!

Flame_

Visit site
Is your friend from somewhere else and not a current livery? If they are a current livery what are the terms they've agreed with the YO - are they paying grass livery? I'm generally pretty anti-YOs but IMO what you've done is pretty bl**dy cheeky. You can't go moving strange people onto the yard, all be it into your rented box without YO's permission. If they are a grass livery its not quite so bad but you really should have OKed the box sharing out of curtousy(sp?). Although I think your really the one in the wrong I can't resist the opportunity for a small dig at the YO, making you tack up in the car park etc.... is just petty and pointless - IMO YO should have given you a bo**ocking, explained why it was out of order, against the rules and that now you know you must discuss arrangements like this with the YO before taking actions like these - or move.

Mosh

Visit site
my friend came on to the yard about 6/7 months with her 2 neddies but her NF is new, came just after Xmas
the YO didn't lose any money over it because my stable and grazing is 65 a month....why so cheap...see the yard and you'll know why lol
but i paid the 40 grass livery and my friend made made the 25 up.
The yard owner doesn't come to the yard much, walks in demands his livery and walks off, ignores the fencing, water troughs, the drains that were blocked etc which the rest of us did. Surely he should help a bit..but thats a different argument all together.
The YM is now a gypsy who lives in the caravan around the back...mental i know!
Our YO didn't lose money at all, he was just being a git i think.
So i'm probably moving, which is sad cause i love the people on the yard, just not the YO.
I think he finds it easy to pick on me cause i'm 17 but my parents don't come down (not really horsey) so i'm seen as the "kid who's by herself" but....oh well.
I'll sort something in the ed.
Meanwhile....my nag is not bothered lol he got his food and hes happy