Grrrrr Why am I such a push over

Eira

Visit site
confused.gif

Why do people treat me like an unpayed slave , and why do I accept it ?
crazy.gif

How do I just say 'No sorry I am busy I can't do it for you '
Pretty much what happened :
I'm looking after a horse for a lady thats away for the weekend , muck out bring in , groom etc .
Just got a message saying : Hi , Just to let you know X will be riding horse over the weekend hope this is ok ?

I replied Hope X will be looking after him too when she's ridden as I'm not her slave .
blush.gif

Just got the reply : Sorry hun I don't know , will ask her but don't think so .
So i'm left to do another horse .... that I wasnt allowed to ride but must look after while the silly cow rides (who has another horse she could ride )
mad.gif
mad.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Im a push over aswell dont worry about it, I have actually learnt to say no now, I will always do for a couple of people on the yard but the rest is a firm no, They take the mickey and can never do anything for me.

I would be annoyed if that happened, mind you I tend to be the one to ride them and not muck them out, there is only 2 on my yard that I will ride and muck out but generally Im just asked to ride, I do however offer to finish the horses off, and will muck them out if they havent been done.

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
are you the yo?

start charging.........i would!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope YO doesn't work weekends , so i'm the skivvy thats asked
mad.gif

Eira

Visit site
I'm not annoyed that I can't ride as I don't have the time to ride this w.e because of all my revision etc .
But i'm peed of the person that IS riding him hasn't offered to look after him , she also has two other horses she could ride that she won't and has only asked to ride him out of spite
mad.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
I knew what you was annoyed at I went off on a tangent
tongue.gif

Just dont do the horse next time and get the person who rides him to do the jobs.

Eira

Visit site
Oh yes I know , i just didnt want to appear as a brat that was annoyed because she couldnt ride
blush.gif
tongue.gif

I know I will get asked the next time she goes away and i'll say yes no prob and it will happen again though
confused.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Lol you sound just like me, learn to say no or charge then at least you getting something out of it, Didnt mean to sound as if you should only do something for money but some people take the pi*s. Mind you I dont particularily want to ride the horses I get asked to ride, they are difficult but its something different to ben so its all good
laugh.gif

I did get asked to ride yard owners horse and I loved him.

Parkranger

Visit site
Sorry but when said person turns up to ride I'd just take her through his feed and how he's mucked out etc to strongly hint at the fact that she'll be doing it!

old_girl

Visit site

Feed the horse just before she's due to arrive and then say

"oops, sorry, forgot you were riding, I've just fed him"

Maizy

Visit site
you are a push over and other people take advantage of kind people! - it's unfair of them to keep asking.

I would just say that you are too busy next time unless you really like them or the horse and spend time cuddling your own lovely horse!

tricksibell85

Visit site
Problem is you agreed to look after him, not look after him and ride. Don't think its the person's fault who is coming to ride tbh, its the owners for organising it this way.