Grrrrrrrr EBAY sellers

horsegirl

Visit site
I hate it when they do this!!

I found a nice horsebox on Ebay, not too far, good price and only 7 hours to go. Emailed a few questions which were answered and then decided to bid when I got home from work. My husband had a look at it on Ebay and rang up to ask a question (now 3 hours before the auction finished) to be told it had sold elsewhere so she was ending it early. Surely if you list something on an auction without a reserve AND state that you will sell to the highest bidder whatever the price then you should do that and not end it if it does not reach the price you want. How would the sellers like it I bid and said "I reserve the right to cancel my bid at the last minute if I find something better"? When I list something on ebay I sell to the highest bidder regardless.

Anyway happier now I've got that off my chest!

GinaB

Visit site
I didn't think you were actually allowed to do all that' this is for sale elsewhere and I reserve the right to end the auction early'

She must've gotten a better price for it privately. Which definitely isn't fair. What's the point of putting it up and not even finishing the auction?

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think you were actually allowed to do all that' this is for sale elsewhere and I reserve the right to end the auction early'

She must've gotten a better price for it privately. Which definitely isn't fair. What's the point of putting it up and not even finishing the auction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loads of people do it ! Especially on the higher value goods like cars and horseboxes
shocked.gif

horsegirl

Visit site
I don't think they are allowed to do it, but I see it more and more, people add to the bottom of the auction that they have the right to remove from ebay if they sell it elsewhere. I don't understand why though as how do you know how much it is going to make on Ebay? Most bids are placed in the last few mins. It is infuriating when you miss out on bidding for others because you are waiting for a certain auction and then they cancel it

Liz_Clark

Visit site
They keep adding new things that you're allowed to do, but are so unfair. I was selling something, and the only bidder retracted their bid! I thought you were only allowed to if you ok'd it with the seller.

The idea of ebay is great, but they keep moving the goalposts

Ferdinase514

Visit site
She probably used it as somewhere to advertise it and sold it privately.

E-bay selling fees are huge on something large like a horsebox. I sold mine for £6,200 and was charged £120!

She was probably trying to avoid paying the fees.

Is crap for you though.