Grump alert - rubbish weather and it's my week off

now_loves_mares

Visit site
Oh dear sorry in advance but this is just an outright flipping moan
wink.gif

I have this week off, and had loads of great plans to get my youngster ridden every day. Having moaned for the last year about having nowhere safe to ride, having to hire schools all the time, etc etc, I have FINALLY got an agreement with a local yard with a great school. She got ridden for 4 days in a row last week, almost unheard of, and it was going great! On Saturday it was really hot, so she was beautifully subdued
smile.gif

Anyway we then went away for a few days up to the west coast. The weather there was cr@p so not only was I not riding but I was pretty much stuck inside. I got home last night to torrential rain and howling winds, so no riding.

Today it has been dry but mega windy all day, you know the sort of thing, bird feeders are flying horizontally, my washing is drying in about 20 seconds, that sort of thing. So once again no riding (she's way too sharp to be daft about these things
shocked.gif
) and it's now THURSDAY NIGHT.

AAAHHHHHHH.

I have only one more "official" day off, then it's the weekend, then back to work on Monday. Today I have done 3 loads of washing, and spent time planning my new kitchen etc, but that's it. I'm now bouncing off the walls with lack of exercise plus lack of progress with my horse, and already letting myself feel stressed about going to work again next week.

Oh pants and double pants. I'm in a bad mood and a half. And to top it all of, just realised the forecast is for rain for the rest of the week, and I need to go to the supermarket.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sorry - you were warned about the self-indulgent nature of this post! Feel free to join in with my insane witterings
tongue.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
Beautifully sunny here with a very acceptable 24 degrees and a soft breeze that keeps the flies at bay
laugh.gif
. Sorry, dont think I could come back to Scotland, Im too used to the good life here in Italy
cool.gif
Its not perfect though!
frown.gif
Just think, it'll soon be Christmas again!!
wink.gif
M.

now_loves_mares

Visit site
LOL - thanks so much - that REALLY helped!!!
mad.gif

tongue.gif

I do sometimes wonder about selling up and moving to the south of France - though I'm not sure my meagre savings will buy the vineyard I have in my mind's eye
smile.gif

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
If it's any consolation the weather is the same here - gusts are currently 50mph
crazy.gif
and I've had enough.
mad.gif

I've still got to round up enough helpers to bring the babies in (cos I don't want to be flattened
wink.gif
) and I haven't quite finished the stables
blush.gif

*toddles off to dream of summer*

TicTac

Visit site
For one minute I was wondering in which part of this island called England you were living in, as it certainly hasn;t been sunny and 24 degrees here and then I read your post properly lol

Never mind Mairi we are all in the same boat. It has been blowing a hoolie here since sunday and I am cheesed off with the wind. According to The Met Office we are in for a good summer ( please please please) and soon we will all be moaning that it's too hot to ride! Make the most of tomorrow and give yourself a bit of retail therapy to cheer yourself up
smile.gif

now_loves_mares

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
For one minute I was wondering in which part of this island called England you were living in, as it certainly hasn;t been sunny and 24 degrees here and then I read your post properly lol

Never mind Mairi we are all in the same boat. It has been blowing a hoolie here since sunday and I am cheesed off with the wind. According to The Met Office we are in for a good summer ( please please please) and soon we will all be moaning that it's too hot to ride! Make the most of tomorrow and give yourself a bit of retail therapy to cheer yourself up
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Retail therapy is a good idea! No horse shopping allowed either
grin.gif

Scotsmare - I know the feeling about valuing your life!! Mine have been out for the last couple of weeks and I was considering taking them in tonight, but there is no way I am leading the two of them half a mile along the road in this weather
shocked.gif
. They can get haylage in their shelter and take their chances
blush.gif
crazy.gif